Artemis Eos Signature with Large Base Modules Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I traded my Avalon Radian HCs to acquire this speaker. For me, the HC excelled in resolution and sound-staging, but was deficient in the bass. The Artemis made up for that and seemed to offer all the special qualities of the HC as well. In general, the Artemis was the finest speaker I had heard as I had compared them to the usual speakers like the Wilsons and Genesis. The Artemis possessed qualities I felt these other speakers lacked, qualities also possessed by the Avalons. The Artemis, like my current speaker, the Avalon Eidolon, had the ability to draw me into the music and envelop me in sound given the right material. The drawback I saw with these speakers was their size and weight. They are just too heavy and large to be practical speakers for apartment living. Additionally, they required tri-wiring as well as wiring for the external cross-over. It could be somewhat cumbersome to set up and did not have the "neatness" in connections of the Eidolons. However, there is no doubt in my mind that the Artemis is one of the finest speakers available and they had never let me down during the period I owned them.