Advent Legacy III

Submitted by mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2013

Bottom Line:
takes good clean power to drive these babes, quite simply these are the best speakers i ever heard, so natural sounding you can hear everything with no coloration

Submitted by music nut a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2012

Bottom Line:
There is nothing that compares to these awesome vintage speakers. I bought a brand new pair of Infinity towers and they sound good but do not compare to the great sound of the famous Advents. What a shame they don't exist anymore. I need a refoam on the woofers,so I called up Simply Speakers.com and asked him if I should refoam or replace the woofers. He said what ever you do, DO NOT replace those speakers. He couldn't believe I was even suggesting it. Advent speakers at the time were the best speakers around. If you can find a pair of these speakers snag'em ,no matter what condition they're in. You can always fix them. I've heard a lot of speakers in my time and its hard to beat Advent Legacy 3's.

Submitted by ToyCannon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
Appoximately one year ago I was looking to purchase a third set of speakers to pair with a Yamaha 65 watt amp to use in my home office/study. Just by chance I stumbled upon a pair of used Advent Legacy IIIs advertised on Craigs List. Having heard the famous Advent sound over thirty years ago while in college I was intrigued by the possibilities. Previously I'd owned Bose as well as JBL speakers. To make a long story short. I decided to go for it and purchased a pair of these gems for the outragious price of $75.00 cash. The cabinets were in great shape and when I got these babies home and connected them with the Yamaha amp,,,,it was music made in heaven. I could not believe sound quality that came from these speakers. Well balance tonal quality, very nice lows as well as highs, and over all just a natural awsome sounding speaker.
I feel like I need to go into the witness protection program for purchasing these great speakers at the price that I got them for. I still like my Bose and the JBLs are still fantastic, but my new old Advents complete the Tremendous Trio....................

Submitted by BROOKLYN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
WOW!! WHAT A GREAT SOUNDING SPEEKER!!!! I PURCHASED MY FIRST SET OF SPEEKERS FROM A STORE CALLED "NOBODY BEATS THE WIZ" I TOOK YOU WAY BACK DIDN'T I ? LOL! ANYWAY, I STILL HAVE MY VERY FIRST PAIR AND THEY SOUND SO CLEAR. THE BASS IS LOW AND WELL FELT .THE MIDRANGE ARE SO CLEAR YOU CAN HEAR EVERY INSTRUMENT IN THE BACKGROUND. I LOVE MY ADVENT LEGACY III SPEEKERS. I CAN'T BELEVE THEY LAST THIS LONG. BEFORE I PURCHASHED THESE ADVENT LEGACY III . I OWN A SET OF BOSE 501 . I THOUGHT THESE WHERE THE BEST SPEEKER I EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. BUT, SAD TO SAY MY BOSE 501 DID NOT STAND THE TEST OF TIME. LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAD HAPPEN! I WAS JAMMING ON MY BIRTHDAY WITH SOME FRIEND'S AND THE UNEXPECTED THING HAPPEN...THE BOSE 501 STOP WORKING. THAT'S RIGHT !!! IT JUST STOP WORKING . NO SOUND NO SMOKE OR FIRE. THAT'S RIGHT YOU GUEST IT!!!! PARTY IS OVER. I WAS SO HEATED!!!! SO, ON THE NEXT DAY I CALLED BOSE CO. TO TELL THEM WHAT HAD HAPPEN. YOU WILL NOT BELEVE WHAT THE BOSE REP TOLD ME!! THIS MOTHER SAID WITH A LAID BACK REPLY AND SAID THE SPEEKER ONLY HAVE A LIFE SPAN OF 90DAYS AFTER PURCHASHED SIR. WHATA! WHATA!! MANN!! THEN I SAID , SO HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO FIX IT ? THEN HE SAID , IT WILL COST ME $385.54 TO FIX IT. I'M SAD TO SAY I HAD TO LAY MY BOSE 501 SPEEKERS TO REST THAT DAY. ON THE NEXT I WENT TO THE WIZ TO SEE WHAT KIND OF SPEEKERS THEY HAD.AND THAT DAY I FELLED IN LOVE WITH THE SWEET SEXY SOUNDING ADVENT LEGACY III SPEEKERS!!!! I WENT TWO DAYS WITHOUT SOUNDS IN MY HOUSE.NOW! IT'S A PARTY EVERY DAY SENCE AUGUST 15 1994 TILL NOW! DON'T STOP THE MUSIC!!!!!! THERE ARE SPEEKERS OUT THERE THAT COST THOUSAND OF DOLLARS THAT SOUND JUST AS GOOD OR BETTER. BUT, WILL THEY LAST 16 YEARS AND COUNTING? AND STILL SOUND GREAT! MAYBE I HAVE A GOOD EAR FOR QAULITY OR MAYBE I JUST AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!! I THINK I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONE'S THAT PURCHASHED A REALY GOOD PRODUCT.
FRANK C. FROM BROOKLY,NY 2/2010.

Submitted by Mo Cruz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got the Legacy III's since 1995. I am in the military, so this speakers have traveled with me for a while and still sound like the day I bought them. I run the with a JVC stereo receiver and they are perfect.

Purchased At:   Georgia