Advent JADE (ACT 1 B2R SPECIAL EDITION) Floorstanding Speakers

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

2-WAY TOWER WITH 8'' WOOFER

Submitted by Don Ayres a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
Purchased four of these on internet for approx 250 clams plus ship. I use them for both front and rear, powered by a Nakamichi AV3s, mostly for dvd movies. To increase lows, I added two 100watt (output) subwoofers for each side in front. I play these loud and they sound great, much better than the hyped Bose systems.

Submitted by Ted Hontz a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I got rid of my $1400 pair of Bose 901's when I heard these. I have a Harmon Kardon AVR75 Receiver than the Bose will start to distort after the volume hits 40%. The Advent's do not. The Bose 901's cannot handle bass at all and the Advent's can handle bass excellently with all kind's of music. I have given this speaker all the power my Harmon Kardon AVR75 will give them, and then even added gain to my DBX processor giving it even more punch power, and the speakers still play clean, more unblowable than the so-called (UNBLOWABLE) Bose 901's, which I blew my first pair of 901's in less than a month. Bose said they claim unblowable commercial power, and then quickly changed their ads to 475 watts MAXIMUM power. I love my Advent Jade Tower Speakers, I fact I order from Advent, 2 woofers and 2 tweeters for the future if something should ever happen to my Advents.

Submitted by s. ray a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
decent speakers for the rediculously low price of 2oo for the pair, and a center channel,,,,certainly not high end equipment but for 200 they sound pretty damn good.
hk avr20II
hk fl8300
advent jade front r/l, and center
polk 1 surrounds