Advent A1123 Floorstanding Speakers

4.88/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by Wes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
Thes are really good sounding little speakers. They have a nice tight and crisp sound quality to them. They have adequate bass but really shine with the addition of a subwoofer for bass duty. I got 4 of them for 99 a pair on closeout and am very happy with them. Sound awesome with Dolby Digital!

Submitted by Don Murray a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
Ever since the cat blew the drivers in my ARs, I've been looking for a pair of speakers I like as much. I am satisfied with the Advents. The clean bass is especially satisfying: Kick drums sound, and feel, like kick drums. I got them from Crutchfield. I'd buy another pair if they still listed them, to use with my Dyna quadaptor.

Submitted by andrew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 1999

Bottom Line:
These speakers are just simply the best all around smaller speaker I have ever owned. FANTASTIC!!

Submitted by Tim Johnson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers from Crutchfield last year after Christmas and I am running them through a Sony 915 receiver. I turn the bass boost on and the bass sounds very good and loud. I also have a AR S112 subwoofer, and paired with these speakers, it sounds awesome. I have gottne several complaints at college because of my stereo, especially the bass. I love these speakers and for them money, they can't be beat!

Submitted by JOSH R. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased a pair of Advent A1123's through ebay and I absolutely love them. They look great and sound great for what I paid for them. The only thing that I detected was a slight hump in the middle to lower/middle frequencies. This is not a big problem for 2 channel stereo purposes, but it does add a slight punchiness tracks that are bass heavy. I noticed this when I played my bass tests from a recent Stereophile CD. For home theater purposes, the A1123's sound great. Infact, the slight punchiness of the 8 inch woofer is good when you don't have a subwoofer in your home theater. In case you wondered, I auditioned these speakers using a Class-A Yamaha 2 channel stereo amp with a Proceed CD player. To test the speakers in my home theater, I hooked them up to my Yamaha dolby digital/DTS reciever. These speakers are very efficent and sound great. I highly recommend them if you want clean sounding speakers for an affordable price.