Acoustic Research Phantom 6.2 Floorstanding Speakers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

On wall speakers

Submitted by jal9000 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have a full set of phantoms on my 7.2 home theater. I am very happy with the full sound and the crisp but not tinny highs. I would reccomend these speakers to anyone. I have 4 8.2's as my front and surround, the 6.2's as my rear and a 252c for my center. I am using an earthquake sub. Oh and by the way I don't know about you but I wouldn't listen to a guy who cant even spell the name of the country he lives in (Afrika..)

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Acoustic Research phantom 6.2 speaker system. I have had these speakers for about one week and am very impressed. It took about that long to break the speakers in. At first they sounded sort of hollow, shallow, and without life. However after about a week of continuous use the sound started to jell. I was able to hear inner detail in the music that I had only heard before through headphones. True, the speaker system does not go down very low in frequency however with the assistance of a good subwoofer such as the Paradigm PDR 10, the sound stage is now complete. This is definitely a speaker system that I can live with and I fully intend to.

This system replaces the B&W DM303 which is a great system on its own and will now go into my bedroom for late-night listening. My only regret is that I did not purchase the matching center channel speaker. I am hoping that my financial situation will improve to the point where I will be able to afford to do so before they are no longer available. In the meantime I am using the Polk Audio CS 300 center channel speaker that is doing a fine job reproducing dialogue in this surround sound situation.

On a final note I've purchased the system from SimplyCheap.com for $362 shipped including stands. Those who were familiar with this system will immediately realize that this is a great value. I am not sure how long they will have them so don't waste time, get them while you can.

Purchased At:   SimplyCheap.com

Submitted by thomas nemad a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
this was highly unimpressful bass and trebble. not recommended.