Acoustic Research AR-318PS Floorstanding Speakers

4.48/5 (44 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

3-Way floorstanding speaker. An eight-inch high excursion woofer, five inch uni-cone midrange, and a one-inch polycarbonate tweeter

Submitted by Stinkywizlteats a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
Ok where to start:
First off just to get a few things off my chest about the NA sayers about these speakers. For one these speakers are naught bright or have any cabinet vibrations that would be mistaken as depth. I have run these speakers for two and half years and have not heard anything but tight clean bass and smooth crisp highs. I'm a heavy listner of techno and heavy metal and a major movie buff. These speakers have
meet my demands and or have surpassed them.
To tell you the truth I had spent the better part of a year listening to various different speaker brands before settling with these and to tell you the truth I haven't been happier.

Purchased At:   Midwesterncommunicat

Submitted by chansman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I decided to go with these over the newer PS2262's (which is still a great speaker) after reading all the reviews. I actually only found 2 news pairs on the internet. These are simply tremendous for home theater use and are able to carry most low-end effects by their self. Musically they are of a superior sound quality...crisp highs, clear mids and tight bass. Adding a sub only makes them better!!
GO BUY THEM NOW!!!

Submitted by 3651796 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Wouldn't you know I could only find one speaker and that is why I got it at such a good price. I connected it up as a center channel and it sounded good but without two of them, I could not really tell. I sure would like to find one more. I would use them for rear channels.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by INDYACD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
To me these speakers have compleatly done everything I wanted them to do. Great clerity and i havnt have one problem with them in my 2 years of owning them, I recomend these speaker to people who truly like clear sound, sure theres always a better speaker but who wants to pay $1000 per speaker

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by John C a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
warm smooth sound.
unlike those damning, awful klipsch tweeters, which are so bright that most people should get a splitting headache within minutes at a moderate listening level.

Purchased At:   used