Acoustic Energy Aegis Three Floorstanding Speakers

4.54/5 (26 Reviews) MSRP : $1190.00

- The Aegis Three, a true flagship of the Aegis Series. This powerful 150 watt, 3-way, slim-line floor-standing speaker uses the award winning tweeter and metal alloy mid/bass driver system design from the Aegis 'One' and 'Two', with the addition of a new 180mm vented polymer chassis with a polypropylene cone for the bass only drive unit. The mid/bass driver is reflex loaded through a flared port to the rear whilst the bass only unit is housed within a separate enclosure and reflex loaded through a high power flared port to the front. Factory-fitted mass loading is supplied in the base of the cabinet in addition to base plinths and 8mm spikes for optimum stability and coupling to the floor. The result of this impressive flagship system offers the discerning listener ownership of a product with awesome scale and depth coupled with a level of detail and clarity unequalled by any other loudspeaker design at the price.

Submitted by mariano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
I hear classical music. And I have these loudspeakers since 2005. Prior I had top Polk, but I think these are lovely superior with smooth treble and honest mid range. But I have had to complement with a subwoofer only for te very bass range and the results were absolutely satisfiying, with a flat response. I strongly recommend these speakers.

Submitted by Frederik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
Wonderful speaker! Count yourself lucky, if you find a set of these!
I bought them Second Hand for $300 in Singapore and I'm very satisfied! Wonderful warm miss, tight and powerful bass and relatively clear highs.
Superb for any kind of music, as well as movies.
Don't miss this one!

I play with Ultra Cables and a Marantz PM-80 MK II, rated 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms.

Submitted by Goran a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
These are very good speakers, with excellent tweeter and mid range. Just try to listen Enya or Sarah McLachlan and you will see what I'm talking about. With Peter Gabriel Security Album bass sounds amazing. I use it with Luxman 1000m amp, which is only 50w per channel. I paid 600$ for them and believe me, there are not speakers on the market above 1500$, which sounds like Aegis. My recommendation!

Submitted by nick fournier a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
if you can spare the amount i spent on
these speakers,go for it is what i say!
i auditioned them by pure luck at a
hi-fi shop close to were i live.
i heard they had a sale so i went to
check it out!(needed to replace my old
b.w dm602's).
the owner told me to just audition them
because at that price i just could not get
something that sounded that good overall.
i sat down listened to some classical up
to heavy rock,half an hour is all i needed
to decide to take a pair back home.
so i did,and still after 6 months of
listening i am still very impressed.
i do not regret my buy at all!!!period.

Purchased At:   audio club

Submitted by randylm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I auditioned several speakers polks, b&w I was looking for a good sounding tower speakers to replace my infinity bookshelfs and not spend alot. all I have to say is for$500 bucks I don't think I could have done better of course the b&w's did sound better alittle for twice the price.I was at the store today and they still have two pairs left for $400 a pair great deal if you are curently looking for some great sounding speakers.although you will need a good amp .I am currently using a denon avr2801 and sony es cd player.

Purchased At:   audible elegance