Acoustic Energy 3311 Floorstanding Speakers

3.51/5 (35 Reviews)

studio monitor

Submitted by don rich a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
I bought these in 1993 from 2 guys in a white van. It was an anniversary present and a good deal for the times. This pair has been my front L/R speakers since that day and have always had a Denon pushing them. I have never been disappointed with my purchase and they still rock today although I am beginning to lose one of them so I am looking to replace them. Still, over 20 years and they still sound great in my Theatre watching movies! I will be upgrading this time as I earn more money now but these have more than paid for themselves.

Submitted by Tim W a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2013

Bottom Line:
I am bemused by these speakers and the story behind them. I was a full time recording engineer and had recently moved into working in audio duplication and mastering when I was approached by two guys with a van who appeared at my office in England (way in the country) with some of these speakers. This has to be at least 15 years ago. Long story short I bought a pair, seemed good value if they were half decent. All these years later they are still my main home stereo pair of big speakers and they have always sounded great. I have never been able to find out who made/makes them or where they are made so it is all very odd - still I am happy. These speakers are really good in an average (non acoustically treated) room but you need some space, they are not small. I would thoroughly recommend them with a decent power amp, my 100 watt per channel Denon handles them really well (woah, don't need to turn it up too loud!)

Submitted by HJAMES608 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
Just came across these reviews while doing a search for more info on the pair of Acoustic Studio Monitor 3311 speakers that I have owned for about 18 years. I am absolutely blown away to read how many people got theirs from "2 guys in a white van at a gas station". Guess where I got mine? I'm sure it's all a huge coincidence - NOT!! But to think this has been going on for so long? Amazing.
I really love these speakers, and have been very pleased with the way they handle high volumes and serious bass frequencies. Have used it with a Sony amp/receiver STR-DE925 in cinema sound mode with no problems. I also like the fact that they aren't huge like my other speakers, and don't crowd the room.

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
Crazy...I've had these speakers for about 15 years or so and wondered if there were any reviews. Guess where I bought them? Couple of guys in a van approached me in Los Angeles. I must have paid about $200 or so. Anyway, they are still working and I'm happy with them. Just can't believe how many other stories there are.

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have had my Acoustic Studio Monitors 3311 for about 18 years. They have moved with me all over the U.S. I have had them hooked up to bad and good stereo systems and surround systems and I have always been pleased with them. Right now I have them hooked up to a high end high current Yamaha 7.1 surround system with a Yamaha center channel and Boston Acoustics in the rear with a powered Polk Audio 12" subwoofer and this system kicks butt. These Studio Monitors seem to be un blowable and sound great. I also frequently crank up CD's loud enough to play my drums to and these speakers never let me down. I don't know where they originally came from, I bought them from a friend many years ago, but have never regretted it. Rock on...