Acoustic Design 3311 Floorstanding Speakers

2.42/5 (90 Reviews)

Basic floor speakers

Possible Fraud Alert
A large number of users have reported these speakers are being sold well above their intrinsic value under false pretences in parking lots, flea markets and online auctions. See White Van Speaker Scam for more info.

Submitted by J.J.T. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2016

Bottom Line:
I Just got a pair of these for 40$ at my local GoodWill in pristine condition. My fiance has the 660's. Well worth the price! Great sound all acrossed the frequencies. Some folk call them "The Poorman's JBL's" They don't make Floor speakers like this anymore. Grab them up while you can!!!

Submitted by Georg van Grass a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2016

Bottom Line:
I got a Linn majestik LP 12 paid about 250 000 with upgrades
2 linn mono amp
Linn speakers

I needed another stereo for my disco room at home bought 2 pairs of the 3311
I like this set sound incredible good ended up buy 4 pair for my studio

I have no idea what some of this comments come from maybe competitors who charge 30 000 for the same qua

Submitted by LovesItLoud a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2016

Bottom Line:
I honestly don't know what half you people are talking about! CRAAAP SEE ARE AYE PEE -- CRAP! ???? Is it possible you have a bad receiver and are blaming the speakers? Or your hearing is shot? Perhaps there are two sets of these speakers being sold around the world, one good and one bad. Maybe one of you salesmen could illuminate this detail if you know. I bought my 3311s at a pawn shop in 1995 for $75 and have been bragging about them ever since. I don't know when they were made, but I've been jamming them as both front and rear speakers for over TWENTY YEARS, and they STILL sound fresh and out of the box. LOW QUALITY -- I DON'T THINK SO!! Perhaps I just got lucky and got one of the "real" sets, as opposed to the "fake" ones others must have purchased based on the reviews. The bass is amazing and the high end crisp and clear (in my oh-so-humble opinion). For those of you who paid $200 or more, don't feel bad except that you probably could have talked these guys down further. You got yourself a quality speaker selling at up to $600 in Toronto stores under a different name (if that one gentleman is to be believed.) I recently went in search of another exact pair when one finally blew. I picked one up at another pawn shop for $40. It sounds as GREAT as the first pair. I am feeling like I pulled one over on the industry instead of the other way around. I would sell these for a hundred dollars easily, maybe more. For the money especially, the BEST speakers I have ever owned, even if I paid three times as much. NO JOKE!

Submitted by JC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2015

Bottom Line:
These guys surely get around or they were copied by guys here in South Africa doing the same thing! I bought them for the equivalent of $100 then from the back of a white van!

Although virtually indestructible, Studio Monitors they are definitely not!! Ours were 3312's and looks different from the 3311.Speaker b0oxes were covered in black carpet. I feel I got ripped off in the sense that I expected them to be actual far field studio monitors but they are still going strong after 15 years in a friends home!

Below I cut and pasted a less flattering comment from an Aussie:

'Lets see, 4 way, 125 watts, 12" woofer, ported, ferro fluid cooled tweeter, sound about right? I got hoodwinked into a pair of these aberrations 25 years ago. I guess they're like Rasputin; you can't kill them. To say that they were junk and unmitigated trash would be paying them high praise. Probably the most expensive firewood you'll ever buy, because that's all they're good for. But there are worse I suppose.'

Submitted by nate a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2010

Bottom Line:
these are the best speakers I ever had. Can't beat the price of $100 for both.