AAD C-550 Floorstanding Speakers

• Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 to 150 watts RMS
  • Dimensions: 930mm High x 230mm Wide x 285mm Deep

Submitted by bugden a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a nice pair of floorstanders to go with my new Philips DRF9000 amplifier and I wanted to start somewhere in the middle of the range but not with a brand that every man and his dog had. I auditioned a lot of different speakers between the $1000-$2000 range and found the AADs c-550 to be the best bang for my buck BY FAR!!!

They are very, very good and thats not just for their price range! I have heard speakers going for much more than I the retail of these ($1000 NZ) and they didn't sound half as good. They are heavy suckers weighing in at around 8kg each speaker and by listening to them you can hear that they are very well built. The lows are punchy, the highs are clear and the mid tones are smooth. I am relatively new to this whole audio thing but I know what I like and I LIKE these. They pump out a lot of sound and don't seem strained at all when pushed. I won't go into specs as you can check them out yourself on the AAD website if you want but if your in the market for a good entry level pair of floor standers then I would go check these out :)

Purchased At:   WT Audio, Lower Hutt