Wharfedale Diamond Center Channel Center Channels

• Nominal impedance: 6 ohm
  • Sensitivity (for 2.83v at 1m): 88 dB
  • Frequency response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz
  • Dimensions: 7.0" high, 17.75" wide, 7.1" deep
  • Shipping weight: 17.25 lbs.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Bob Varnes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
    This speaker surprised me. I bought it to match some Diamond 8.4's which were decent at thier price point. But this center channel out perfomed them by a long shot. Currently using with my B&W 603s3's and 600s3's surrounds. While I want to upgrade my center channel to the B&W I don't feel at all pressed since this seems to work well with my system. I am using this with a HK 7300 but used a couple lower end Yamaha and JVC recievers I have been happy with the clairity of voices for home theater and works well for music as well.

Purchased At:   On Line

Submitted by D-A-M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
    Well, this is a very good sounding center channel. No complaints, except one. The speaker grill is cheap and flimsy. I don't understand why Wharfedale makes such good sounding speakers, and cheap flimsy grills?

Purchased At:   wildwestelectronics.

Submitted by jholzheuer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
    This speaker is amazing... For what I paid I am amazed. I'm a college kid on a shoestring budget. I had a KLH center channel I got for $70 that sounded like a tin can. I ended up finding this speaker a week later with the rebate and everything it was only $20 more so I promptly returned the KLH.

I can't say enough about this speaker, it has very good clarity and reproduces a very wide range of sound impeccably.

Purchased At:   BestBuy.com

Submitted by kmehra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
    I am using a JBL LX-2000 Centre and just heard the Wharfedale Centre at a friends place... IT IS AMAZING! Though i paid over 50% more for my JBL the wharfedale puts it to shame.
    I watched a movie on DTS and from the first sound produced from the speaker, the superior sound quality was apparent.
    Im gonna get me one of these ASAP!

Purchased At:   NOT YET

Submitted by Eugene Chan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
    This is a very well made centre and it looks more expensive than what it really is. Compared to my former DB Dynamics centre, it quite a compact size, yet has some good weight behind it. I compared it with several units in the shop and besides the KEF C-100 (which was 3 times the price) it stood out from the crowd. If you have the funds, the C-100 will blow you away. The ones I listened to was Jamo C18, E4, E8 and a B&W (forgot what model). The Wharfdales has the best definition and depth. It matches well with my Jamo 128 fronts

Purchased At:   Audio Solutions