PSB Speakers Image 8C Center Channels

4.74/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $269.00

With two 5-1/4" woofers and the Image 1-inch aluminum-dome tweeter, this system will produce great clarity-both of dialog and effects-from even the most complex movie soundtracks.

Submitted by audio123 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
all i can say is great price and sound.

when i decided to get home theatre at first i wasnt overlly impressed...

I replaced my "sony AV receiver and sony center/rears"... with a Denon/PSB combination,and all i can say is WOW...what a difference. I was missing an alot before.

The PSB Image line is a real good Sound per value combination for a home theatre/Music setup

Some have complained about brightness with the PSB`s, but i dont find that to be much of a problem....

Dont think you can get much better for the price...i wouldnt hesitate to recommended these to anyone.

setup is
Denon AV 6.1 receiver
Image 3LR fronts
Image 8C center
Alpha A/V rears
Paradigm PS1000 sub woofer.

will add another 8C to the rear center later, but right now the room doesnt allow it

Submitted by dawn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
all i can say is great price and sound.

when i decided to get home theatre at first i wasnt overlly impressed...

setup is
Denon AV 6.1 receiver
Image 3LR fronts
Image 8C center
Alpha A/V rears
Paradigm PS1000 sub woofer.

Submitted by samurray a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I use this centre channel speaker as a part of a PSB Image set comprised of (4T, 1B & SubSonic 5).

I previously used a Yamaha RX-V620, although a fine value and good for home theatre, really lacks when playing music. Instruments just didn’t sound like they should and the music didn’t come together with any tempo. For movies, I found the system explosive but voices didn’t sound real. Try as I might if I closed my eyes I couldn’t convince myself that someone could be where my TV was and saying what I was hearing (and I have a pretty good imagination;-). So I wasn’t sure if the problem was with the PSB 8C or the receiver. Given I find that I listen to more music on a day-to-day basis than actually sit down and watch movies, I dragged my main speakers and CD player to a stereo shop to do some listening. I ended up walking away with a new receiver… an Arcam AVR200.

The AVR200 was a pleasure to listen to with music (WOW). Once home and settled in I was curious to see how voices & centre effects would sound during movies. Again, there was a night and day difference. The PSB 8C now produced natural, authentic voices and detailed effects.

I wrote this review to make two points. I’m impressed with PSB Image series (8C, 4T, 1B & SS5) and their ability to respond when matted to higher end components. The other point I wanted to make was that if you aren’t happy with a particular piece of equipment don’t make assumptions as to the cause. Although initially happy I wasn’t thrilled with the PSB 8C. Now, I have to say that I am extremely satisfied.

Submitted by joelrey11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the PSB 8C center speaker as a christmas gift for myself this year. The difference is amazing! I actually wanted the 9C model but it was too big to fit on top of my television and was too big a speaker for the room. The 8c is a great compromise. Sound is clean and crisp. Try watching the Diana Krall DVD using this speaker and you'll be amazed at the voice quality. Its a great speaker at an affordable price.

Purchased At:   Philippines

Submitted by J Metcalf a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I hate the way folks say "great speaker for the price." This is simply a great speaker at any price. It has a solidly flat sound and a solid feel.

The Omaha Beach scence on "Saving Private Ryan" feels like you can hear the whisper of Tom Hanks while flame throwers, howitzers, and machine guns blast away on the subwoofer.

Purchased At:   soundcity