Polk Audio CSi5 Center Channels

4.95/5 (20 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

• Video-shielded
  • Bass-reflex
  • Frequency response 55-26,000 Hz (-3dB)
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • Sensitivity 90 dB
  • Handles up to 200 watts
  • Dual 5-way binding post terminals

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2010

Bottom Line:
The Polk CSi5 has turned out, after a few years of daily use, to be an excellent speaker. We really give it a tough workout, between all the action movies and then switching to pure vocal (documentary interviews) it never lets us down, the sound quality is always excellent with finely detailed highs, neutral mids and punchy bass. It is the centerpiece of our wonderful all Polk system, that leaves our guests with their mouths hanging wide open at how great the sound really is. I highly recommend this speaker.

Strengths: Excellent sound, highly detailed, easy to understand spoken narration, great punch with action movies. Great looks

Weakness: A little large, but this is really necessary to handle all the power we throw at it,

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Amisam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
I recently got into the home theater scene and have been out demo'ing all sorts of speakers and receivers. I really liked the polk audio csi5 speaker for the warmth and clarity, as well as their musicality. I looked high and low and came across www.acousticsounddesign.com who sold it at very reasonable price. I received my speaker very fast and they were perfect.

I connected everything and was blown away. I was going to get a sub but the richness of these speakers is enough for this apartment dweller. I am very happy with the speaker, and the customer service.

Submitted by PaPa Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2006

Bottom Line:
Just installed last night WOW what great improvement

Submitted by toplaidback a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
Bought the CSi5 as an upgrade from a JBL EC-35. The 35 was a upgrade and bought it because it had excellant reviews. However my mains are RTi10s and I wanted to match the design and great looking cherry finish of the front set-up.

Am glad I did the 5 is a definite upgrade from the JBL. Clearer dialouge - hey I can understand all Gollum is saying and the music is even better. The 5 blends in well with the 10s giving crisp highs, clear lows and non-muddy lows.

Non fatiguing and clear re-production what more do you want. And must admit there is some validity to timber-matching.

Purchased At:   Acousticsounddesign.

Submitted by urians a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
I owned this product for less than a month before my home was broken into and they stole my Polk speakers. So now I am trying to replace them, and lucky for me, I found the Csi 5 center channel speaker for a wonderful price of 259.00 dollars at acousticsounddesign.com. Compared to the 400.00 dollar price tag I paid before, I am extremely happy. I had these hooked up to a Pioneer Elite Receiver and have just loved the perfect clarity that would be produced.