Polk Audio CSi 30 Center Speaker Center Channels

4.5/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $159.00

Driver Complement

Submitted by ttskyline01 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
Got this center channel the same time I put my Def Tech Bp-6 in the layaway in a local pawn shop. I can not beleive I paid $30 for this center channel speaker!!. The center is great and it matches with my Def Tech mains. I highly recommend getting this speaker if you can find it.
This center channel is better than my old optimus center channel with the wide angle tweeter built in it!

Purchased At:   local pawn shop

Submitted by todd0218 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
WOW this is an amazing sub i also likes it better than a bose that circuit city had i am not familair with bose but it had like 4 4"s and two horns on each side. I had them both playing at the exact same time but i thought the pol suited me better i thought it had good highs and excellent lows. I am not a opera listener so for my rap and rock this is the best for me.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by andyt76 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well,
I must say I went out to the store to get a better center channel speaker when I was told the Bose vsc 10 was about the best this price range was going to bring.
And well i was almost convenced when the dealer told me that polk had made a great comeback with their csi 30 line!
So I listened and WOW was there a big diffrence so much I almost dropped the Bose speaker !!!
Well needless to say I bought it and well I was Well worth the money spent!
The speaker jacks on the back where nicely made and that is a good sign of the how the work inside a speaker is!

Purchased At:   Little Guys

Submitted by Tobe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
The CSi 30 when compared to the Yamaha NS-AC40x lacks the highs which are so important in distinguishing vocal clarity. I've used a Polk for a few months and then recently tried the Yamaha, and was not surprised at what I was missing. I have Yamaha 200xt mains and the Polk never balanced the sound well. This may not be the fault of the Polk, because the different efficiencies in the Yamaha being 6 ohms will not voice match a Polk at all.... Still being said, when isolating the Polk with my HK AVR 320, it still sounded very dull.

Purchased At:   Brandnamez

Submitted by M Kinch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
A 2002 model.

After a demo at Circuit City, I was very impressed by the overall smoothness of the speaker. High frequencies were not lost or unbalaced from the mid frequencies. The speaker did not possess any objectionable coloration of the sound. Coming from a Pro-sound background, it can be very difficult to find a speaker with little or no coloration.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield