Polk Audio CS350 Center Channels

Centre Channel

Submitted by hj1868 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
Recently picked up a mint cs350-ls on CL for $70 to round out a vintage Polk HT set up (10B's in front, 5JR's rear, PSW650 sub). Several have posted that this is a good center to mix with vintage Polks - now I have to agree.

I have only watched a few movies with it but so far I am impressed with 350's detail, imaging and strong vocal clarity. It's large cabinet may not be for everyone but having the angled enclosure is great for aiding placement.

All-in-all, I really enjoy it. It has accomplished what I needed. Clearly a strong performer and at its price point a steal also.

Submitted by Joe roberts a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
I don't know the year, but its a polk audio cs350-ls center channel speaker. I based my purchase on all of the great reviews i read on here. I have yet to hook it up but for $75 i don't think i got too bad of a deal. I think it will complement my rt-55's i have as front mains. Once again polk has amazed me. Thanks

Submitted by ice460 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best center that I have ever heard - nothing even comes close! This center was able to blow away a friend's complete system! Surprising bass reproduction, highs are high, mids are tight.

I have a goofy way of testing my speakers, beyond sound and build quality. If I am within 5 feet of a speaker and it will make my ears start getting blocked and feel weird, then I know I have a hell of a good speaker!

I've had this since June of '07, and bought it as part of a package. I found a listing on Craigslist and decided to purchase them, never even seing or hearing them. The whole system cost my $250 and included the CS350-LS, a pair of RT20P powered towers, and a pair of LS f/x rear channels. I picked them up the day that I got back from vacation, and after 4 hours of driving, I finally got to hook them up. These things looked brand new and the seller said he only used them for maybe 12 hours. I doubt it was even that long.

Bottom line, if you can get this for under $200 you are still getting a great deal! I even thought of buying another one just for my bedroom but after bidding went beyond $225, I decided I could just turn up the stereo in the basement. You can't beat this speaker at all!!!

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Submitted by carlos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
I thought my crossover on my ls 90's gave out so I ordered
a new one.Turns out a wire came loose so I soldered it
and put it in my ls350 center.WOW what a difference.
True deep bass from my center. On my preamp I have 3
sets of crossovers linkwitz-riley,butterworth,phase perfect
I can control slope rates too. I tried them all.I like the
phase perfect the best.Putting the ls 90 biwireable
crossover in my center was like buying a 1200.00 new
center channel.If you have a preamp that offers eletronic
crossovers you should try this.I love it,you will too

Submitted by Hessmachine a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
To this day it is hard to find a center channel speaker with the clarity and depth of this model. The midrange (i.e., human voices) is stunningly precise. Also I unhooked the rest of the speakers in my system and just cranked out the 350. I was really impressed with the bass tones coming from such small cones.

The largest asset to this speaker is its trilaminate tweeter. I am in love with this little thing. Its highs are really hard to beat. The only complaint about the tweeter is it gets a little bit harsh at VERY HIGH volumes -nothing anyone has to worry about at normal listening levels.

As it is a beautiful speaker, its size also makes it obtrusive to look at and even intimidating. It's quite big, so make sure you have enough space for it. Anyway, to sum this all up, if you can get this speaker used now for a significantly lower price than a new Polk (or any other manufacturer for that matter) center channel, you have made a steal. I highly recommend it.