Paradigm Reference CC-170 Center Channels

4.25/5 (53 Reviews) MSRP : $199.00

Center Speaker

Submitted by videocast a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
ok, I have been listening to this center channel for several weeks now and I must say that those who say it sounds like a tweeter are either tone deaf or their speaker is broken, inop, or blown. This is a fine addition to my system and Im glad as heck that I bought it. got it for a great price as a second chance offer from an e bay seller. I was using a yamaha nc-a2 before this which was not bad, but there is definately a difference with the paradigm. It works far better with the 3se's that Im using for fronts.
I highly recommend this speaker especially if your on a tight budget. they are on e bay all the time from people who think they can do better and maybe they can, but will spend lots more cash for little improvement.
very very good speaker.

Purchased At:   e bay

Submitted by oddeoowphil38 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well, I bought the cc-170 and it is a nice improvement over my Cerwin Vega. I can actually hear dialogue much better. Voices are much clearer and the sound is not boxy. I could have bought the cc-370 which is a much better speaker but I needed to save a lil money. Besides my interest is more with music than HT. I do plan on upgrading in the future to the 370 when my budget allows. Until then, I am content with the 170. If your preference is on HT then you are better off buying the 370.

Purchased At:   Risley's

Submitted by Erik Lycos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased this center channel to accompany a pair of Paradigm Atoms (v3) that I bought to replace the main L/R loudspeakers from an all-kenwwod setup. I ppurchased the cc-170 instead of the cc-70 that is normally recommended for using with Atoms because I wanted all my speakers to use the same 5&1/4" drivers.

The center channel works well, provides for clear dialouge, and realistic on-screen effects. I think it is an excelant value for the money.

Purchased At:   The Happy Ear

Submitted by Rick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just bought the CC170 and I love it. I have the working man's home theater setup. Harman Kardon AVR125 receiver, CC170 center, Paradigm Esprit v.3's in front, Atom's in back, and the Paradigm 10" powered sub. Totals cost of about $1200. I don't know why anyone would spend more. I've been watching the Band of Brothers dvds and the effects are great, sound is clear and loud, dialog sounds natural.

Submitted by Jeff Wood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had a few different centre channel speakers and haven't beent his happy with one until now...I find it very resonsive and well sorth the $215 Canadian dollars I spent...I would recomend it to anyone wanting something that peforms well and isn't gonna break yeah!

Purchased At:   Audio/Video Unlimite