Paradigm Reference Active CC 450 Center Channels

Paradigm Reference Active Center Speaker

Submitted by Whitesahara a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great sounding center chanel speaker. Clarity is awesome. I purchased this speaker with 4 of the Paradigm Active 450 L/R, 2 Active 20's, and a Servo-15. The system is all I could hope for. I noticed a big improvement wiring the speaker with balanced XLR's instead of RCA's. Aside from sound, the cabinet is beautiful to look at and well built.

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by Bobby a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up to an earlier review after this product has had time to mature. This is without any doubt the finest center channel speaker that I have ever heard and I have heard everything from B&W, Martin Logan on down. The break-in opened this up like a flower in the spring and it does not disappoint. They could have easily charged 4x as much for this speaker and it would have been worth it. Again, highly highly recommended!

Submitted by Bobby a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got a great deal on one of these to go with my paradigm 100s. What a deal! The paradigm is really a steal for the price and what you get. The voice reproduction is so clear and you can hear every little nuance of the passages. It is thoroughly impressive to watch the Matrix or Gladiator with this center. It creates a full stage of music that is hard to beat at any price. For more information, please see my review of the paradigm 100s.
Excellent speaker and highly recommended.

Submitted by Curtis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchase the center channel the same time I purchased the Paradigm Reference Active 40. I am shooting for an entire Reference Active system.

The Paradigm Reference Active CC center speaker performs perfectly with my Active 40s, creating a seamless soundstage in the front of my home theater. The previous review is pretty much right on point with his description.

Bottom line is to just find a dealer, take your center channel and your favorite music and go do an a/b comparision. I tested this speaker with over 4 different other center channels and I just kept going back to it.

Purchased At:   Sound Components

Submitted by Reg Santo Tomas a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
After purchasing the Paradigm Reference Active 20s and the Servo 15, I decided that I will go head first and buy the entire Reference Active system.
The Paradigm Reference Active CC-450 center speaker performs magnificently with my Active 20s, creating a seamless soundstage in the front of my home theater. (I have yet to buy the Active ADP-450s, but I will.) Anyway, I have never heard voice reproduction so clear except with a separate AMP and speaker costing much much more.

On movies like Dragonheart, Sean Connery's voice activng can be more greeatly appreciated with every nuance being audible and clear. In fact, I have found myself revisiting a lot of my "dialog intensive" movies just to appreciate the clearer sound that I was missing before.

The unit costs $925 (US) retail and is a bargain considering you do not need to buy a separate amplifier. I got mine as a demo model for $550 and couldn't be happier with my purchase.