NHT SuperCenter Center Channels

4.42/5 (19 Reviews) MSRP : $275.00

center channel speaker

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just added the SuperCenter to my system. I had for 3 years 3 SuperZero's as my left right and center channels. I went into a high end store to find 2 more SuperZero's to replace my Polk Audio rears. But the salesman sold me on the SuperCenter and only one SuperZero (I moved the old center to the back). I have to say the sound is amazing and I'm thrilled, but I paid a $260 for the speaker, when the SuperZero was only $99. I don't know if it was worth the extra money. The cheapest I've seen the SuperCenter was $199 on-line, but with shipping, I might have not paid that much over the price. But I have no doubt that in the long run, it was the right choice. The sound rocks me every DVD I play.

Purchased At:   Audio City

Submitted by damon kerr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well having finally after 8 weeks returned my Bose centre channel, why I waited that long is beyond me, I went somewhere else and came across the NHT supercentre and liked it because of the look, size and the sound. After having the Bose it sounds brilliant (that wouldn't be hard) I can now hear clear dialogue without having to blast myself out of my lounge, I was starting to think all centre channels had that muffled sound but now I know it was not my amp etc it was the crappy Bose centre channel. The NHT sounds good with my 301 fronts and 100's for surrounds. I am looking at upgrading the Bose 301 to the NHT 1.5 for fronts but have realised the tonal matching centre is the audiocentre 1, can anyone tell me if it will matter if I keep the supercentre or should I return it for the audiocentre-1 because they use different tweeters in the supercentre and the audiocentre.

Submitted by Ed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well this is my second day listening to this speaker and let me tell you the sound is much improved than the previous set-up I had consisting of all around Kenwood speakers, including a KVS-50 center speaker (which to tell you the truth is not bad but no comparison to this NHT). Anyway, Beatiful sounding high's and mid's. You need a good sub because like the NHT SuperZero's its bass is practically non-existent. The best part of all this is that I got it as a package with a pair of NHT SuperOne's for only $170. Who am I to complain?

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this center to match my Super Ones and Super Zeros in my home theater setup. The sound out of this center is great, and it matches perfectly with my other NHTs. However, the grille is terrible. The bass form my sub is enough to knock it off. After 3 weeks of frustration with the grille, I returned the speaker and spent and extra $25 dollars to get the VS1.2a. The VS1.2 is a little bigger and has a little more bass for special effects and such. Also, the grill is the same style as all other NHT speakers. Do yourself a favor and get the VS1.2a instead.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
This center channel offers clear dialogue and excellent imaging. The gloss finish looks great. One minor quibble was that my grille was a little warped when it arrived. It was not bad enough to obtain a replacement. Highly recommended.