Monitor Audio Silver Center 12 Center Channels

4.45/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $799.00

Submitted by Morgan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Update to my previous review:

I finally managed to contact the Canadian distributor for Monitor Audio and took my 12i into them. It turned out that my 12i had a different tweeter than my 9is (which were over a year older) and that the crossover was defective.

That fixed, the 12i is now everything that I was led to believe it would be. Cheers to Kevro International in Pickering for helping me. Jeers to Monitor Audio Britain for not answering my emails.

I'm making this review 5/5 - wish I could make it 7/5 to balance my previous review.

Submitted by Morgan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Good quality, good sound for Dolby Digital. Poor response for music or DTS movies.

The Silver 12i doesn't sonically match the excellent Silver 9i's.

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had this centre for almost two years now, and like the siver 9 mains and silver3 rears. I still have to say that this is one excellant speaker which never ceases to amaze visitors who listen to my home theater. All they can say is how clear and detailed the sound is. This is definitely a must have for any one considering the silver series. Remember though that there is a break in time which will open this center up even more than when you first listen to it. I do reccommend a good center channel speaker stand for this speaker as its ability to reproduce on screen bass could cause unwanted vibration if just set on your entertainment center. Besides a good stand will allow you to position your speaker properly anyways. Well I know you'll love this centre if you get it.

Submitted by bob a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
all i can say is that i love this speaker. at first they sounded boxy and stale but after the break in it sounds amazing. amazing. its incredible how good it sounds now, compared to when i took it out of the box. it was no suprise though since all of my other speakers took a while to break in. the sound out of this speaker is so life like and real, voices are clean crisp and clear and sound effects blow me away. ive become obsessed with sound and now consider myself and audiophile on a budget and these speakers were worth every penny.
MA 8i's fronts
MA 12i center
MA 3i's rears
FB210 sub

Submitted by Eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
Got mine in matching rose mahogany. Noticed that many prior reviews listed black-oak only as a negative. Like other instances (see asw210 reviews) Monitor Audio listens to their customers! What can I say, looks great, sounds great, way to go MA!

Purchased At:   400