Monitor Audio Bronze Center Center Channels

4.63/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $279.00

The Bronze centre is voiced matched to the Bronze series and provides consistent sonic panning between speakers in a home theatre or multi-channel music system.

Submitted by Johnny Farm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
Excellent Center Speakers¡¡¡¡
Crisp, Clear and Clarity Sound.
Very good build quality like many England speakers. Im very impressed with its performance. Amazing.

Purchased At:   Audio Market

Submitted by RoyY51 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased the bronze center to compliment my new bronze 2 speakers(review on this site). I had been using an Infinity Sterling series center for 3 years and had always enjoyed the sound. However,I wanted to make sure that I had that much sought after "seamless sound stage" so I bought the Bronze Center at the same time that I bought the B2's. I broke in all three speakers for the recommended 50 hours (now closer to 100). This is what I have observed so far.

Is it a "seamless sound stage"? Most definitely. Having grown used to the somewhat disconnected panning from the Polk Audio rt15i to the Infinity Sterling and then to the other Polk, I was unprepared for the liquid smoothness that only timbre matched speakers can provide. Voices that walk from speaker to speaker don't sound like different people anymore. The 747 that screams across the front of my viewing room sounds amazingly believable. I find myself shuffling through my entire dvd collection, looking for scenes that have killer pans. All in all, I am totally satisfied with this aspect of the Bronze Center's performance.

Does it blow the Infinity Sterling out of the water? Regretfully, no. I would consider the Bronze Center's performance to be on a par with the Infinity. I feel that I have not lost anything, but not gained much either. I don't know if this is a result of the Infinity being a much better speaker than I gave it credit for, or my expectations for the Bronze Center being too high. Either way, although I'm not knocked out by the Monitor, I'm not really disappointed either. After all, I have what I was really looking for; a beautifully integrated soundstage. And for 500.00 for all three speakers, it would be churlish of me to complain too much.

Purchased At:   DMC Electronics

Submitted by open_book_test a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had originally planned to purchase the new bronze series in a few months but blow-out pricing lured me in. Interestingly enough, Monitor ran out of bronze cabinets so I received my centre with bronze drivers in the "real veneer" silver cabinet (complete w/silver series tweeter). Monitor assured me that the cross-over is designed to match the bronze series.

The entire bronze series is money well spent.

Purchased At:   Musonic

Submitted by Simon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great match for my Bronze 2 main speakers. Very detailed sound, and as other reviewers have said very neutral. Sounds similar to silver 10i, but is a little bit harsher, where as silvers are more musical. However you get what you pay for.

Submitted by Steen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I used the Baby Center for 5 weeks, but it has a particular weakness: upper mid (definition of male voices) is poor or weak.
The Bronze Center does not have this weakness.

The Baby Center is not at all a lousy speaker; the Bronze Center is just better.

It provides more control and strength.

Both of the two "missing" stars are just reserved; I haven't found other products that fits my other MA's better.

Setup:
Yamaha RX-V496
Monitor Audio Bronze 2 fronts
Monitor Audio Bronze 1 rears
Monitor Audio ASW 100 sub

Including the other MA's and the Yamaha, I haven't been able to find as high "feel-good-factor" as this setup provides for the money and the center has a great deal of responsibility for this.

Purchased At:   Tapeconnection.dk