Mission 77c Center Channels

75W Shielded Center Channel, Triple Tweeter Array + 130mm Aerogel and 130mm Passive Mid

Submitted by bryan levy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this speaker and have used less than an hour or two, but rite away this speaker blowsw away the energy and ar center i had. reciews i have read reviews that after the break in period the sound is much better, if that is the case i will be very pleased! The design of the speaker is beautiful.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Al a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just got my Mission 77C today. I am no expert nor do I pretend to be an audophile, but in my opinion, this is a great sounding center channel. I listened to several other center speakers, as well as read numerous reviews, and this speaker seemed right for me. I got it for 279 (KIEV audio). In this price range, I think it stands head and shoulders above the competition. I watched Fith Element and Private Ryan in DD, and it was simply outstanding. Now all I have to do is save up enough coin for a pair of 773e's, or 774's (still undecided).

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
US retail is $350. I just bought mine in Slovenia for less than $200 and flew it home with me (including duty free saving of $35 on Slovene price of $225). What Hi-Fi rates this center speaker as the best of any upto 500 pounds ($800)! That is to say, I have a Mission 77C for less than $200 and What Hi-Fi says this sonically beats any other speaker worth up to $800. Well that has to be high praise indeed. You would probably have to buy a top end Dyna Audio for $1000 plus to exceed the sonic attributes of the 77C.
5's all round I think without any objections!

Submitted by Daryl a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
OK, so all these Mission reviews but now we have the center channel in here.I was AMAZED at how good this center channel is. High quality intelligible voices
even when the R,L fronts are CRANKED up the 77c holds beautifully. The directional control out of the controlled triple tweeter array is amazingly vertical and holds great over long distances. The 77c is what blew me away the most out of the whole Mission 77 series. It has been on the TV-top and never have I had to adjust any of the dB amplitude, even when I tweak all the other speakers, I never had to touch the 77c. Great Great smooth voice quality, never too bright.
On music the mid aerogel and paasive 130mm dual speakers in the 77c also give out some very nice mid bass and work real hard if you demand them to.
(Used on Yamaha RXV amp and now the Denon AVR-5700.)

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile