Mirage Loudspeakers OM-C2 Center Channels

4.86/5 (21 Reviews) MSRP : $750.00

Center Channel with 5 drivers

Submitted by Aussie Mike a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
Originaly had a Mirage MCC center channel speaker, something was missing form the sound, i gve the MCC to my daughter and replaced it with the OMC2, now i realy enjoy the sound from my system, this is truely a first class performing center channel speaker, listening to it alone will show you its true range, lots of weight to vocals and lower frequencies and great dynamics.
Have had it in my system for two years and am comletely happy with sound.
I have Mirage M3's for left and right and the only problem i had was the different efficiencies of the speakers 85db verus 90db, my processor compensates for the balancing of volumes.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by icsi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
The surrounds on my center channel speakers (Boston Acoustics bookshelf) disintegrated (after 12 years) which started me on my search for a suitable replacement.

I tested Definitive Technology's C/L/R 2500 with my setup and found it to be too laid back and had to turn up the volume in order to hear voice conversation even though I had calibrated my HT system with a SPL meter. Although it sounded full because of the powered subwoofer, the speaker sounded colored in the mid to low frequencies and not quite pristine in the highs.

This led me to Mirage's OM-C2 center channel speaker. Within minutes of listening to the OM-C2 with my system, I knew that this speaker was right for my system. Voice conversation was clear and realistic, mid-low bass information was present but not overbearing, and the speaker sounded transparent and uncolored. This was noticeable when listening to Cate Blanchett's opening monologue during "Lord of the Rings" and Mel Gibson's voice in "The Patriot" which sounded very full in the theatre and closely reproduced on the OM-C2.
I also set the center channel in my A/V receiver to large for the first time and am hearing/experiencing center channel information that was missing from my previous setup.

During the evaluation period, I set the speaker up in front of my TV on a short stool and as stated previously, it sounded very good. After purchasing the speaker, I built a stand so the speaker could sit on top of the TV. This allowed the speaker to perform as intended utilizing it's omnipolar design. To my surprise, the sound field really opened up and presented a much larger sound field. I highly recommend placing this speaker as stated in the manual. The speaker is bi-wired to the A/V receiver.

This speaker sounds very good for the asking price but even better at the price I paid for it.

Submitted by Dave Kay a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've upgraded my main channel speakers several times since the very humble beginnings of my home theatre, but I never bothered to update my old Advent B2R center until buying a Mirage OM-C2 about 6 months ago. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The Mirage sounded great straight from the box, and after about 50 hours of break in it sounded simply superb.

My main channels (Mission 772s) are great speakers, they have a wide and detailed sound stage with a beautifully warm and sweet midrange, and the Mirage is an excellent compliment to them. My next speaker upgrade will be to replace the Missions for Mirage OM-9s and complete that awesome Omnipolar sound.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Brett a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
This center finished my system off nicely. I didnt realize just how important the center was until i hooked this one up.

I was running the Paradigm CC350. Which in its own right is a nice center. But there is a dramatic difference between the two.

I am also runnig OM10's in the front & OM12's In the rear. Also have 2 BPS 150,s.

I am currently running an Onkyo TX-DS676 Reciever & will be adding another sub in the future.
When listening to either music or movies this center blends in nicely with the rest of the omnipolar speakers.

I have purchased most of my system from Village Sound, The service is second to none and they have been great with accepting trade in's ect.

Purchased At:   Village Sound Peace River AB.

Submitted by geoff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
I replaced my Mirage OM-C3 center with an upgrade to the Mirage OM-C2. The sound impovement is extremely noticable. My Denon 3802 receiver drives it wonderfully. The pink noise sound level test makes it quite obvious that the tonal balance with my new Mirage OM-C2 is a much better match with my OM-10 fronts, than my old OM-C3 center. The tone between the speakers is now seamless, the old C3 definitely had a different tonal balance.

For DVD movie play the center channel dialogue is now more crisp and full, and no longer sounds as if the dialogue is coming from a small box. The Omni-polar design of this center fills my 20x20 room and presents a wider sound stage, more like a movie theater.

For music, 7 channel stereo play is simply enhanced by high quality output of this speaker.

At $665, it was a significant discount from its List of $750, plus Tweeter took my C3 back in a full value trade up program. Go Tweeter!!!

My system: 6.1