KEF XQ2c
Description: The overall effect is so real it's unreal - all the more so with digital media. The rustle of a breeze. Fingertips on frets. Distant thunder. Shoes creaking. Cicadas in the grass. The flautist's intake of breath. You're there, simple as that.

Submitted by Ironskull a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have Kef 203 reference floor-standers for mains, Kef uni-q for rear, and had a Kef IQ60c for center. I recently replaced the Kef IQ60c with a Kef XQ2c. It was an impressive improvement mainly because of the XQ2C's 6.5" uni-Q drivers. It was cheaper than buying a KEF 202 Reference center ($2,200.00) which also has 6.5" drivers.

Submitted by ADAMZACK a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
Check your body for gunshot. It is SO REAL.

Submitted by GONSO69 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker with a pair of front speakers Kef iq9. I was replacing and upgrading my old front speakers Kef Q75, and my central VIETA-JMLabs.

I must recognize I am really exigent with sound quality and I must recognize, that I am in love now with the high quality of sound I have achieved, particularly with the new central speaker. It is astonishing the realism, how subtel, and how clear it sounds. It does not matter what kind of music you are reproducing: Classics, Opera, Jazz, Pop, DVD ...

My advise?. Go directly for one of this ones if you have the chance. And do not ever forget that the speaker includes a "reference" hyper tweeter ... Also it design is ... huge; huge and beautiful, hugh and nice design, hugh volume and weight.... a product which has been also designed for looking at it.

My system is composed by Harman-Kardon AVR 8500 + The Bijou equalizer + Marrantz DV7000 + Kef Q55 as rear speakers + JBL 250 as subwoofer. Now I think I go it!.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
Great center channel. Upgraded from an older Klipsch model that I sold to a coworker. Voices sound more natural, rich and deep. The speaker is only rated at 120 watts rms, but in reality we hardly ever use the stated watts of our amplifiers, so it shouldn't be a big deal. This is a beautiful speaker, at some point I will have a dedicated home theater and be able to display it!

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by Shaca a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2006

Bottom Line:
My previous center was a Klipsch RC-3 and although the specifications for the two speakers are very similar, to my ear at least, the KEF hands down outperforms the Klipsch. Voices are much more rich and natural sounding, and as it turns out, this center blends much better with my mix-n-match system (my main speakers are the discontinued Monsoon FPF-1600's). Ultimate Electronics has discontinued carrying KEF and had there floor model XQ2c for sale at half retail...couldn't pass up to see how this center performed at home. I can say I am more than happy with my purchase.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics