Jensen Champion Series CCS Speaker Center Channels

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

The Champion Series CCS Center Channel delivers lifelike reproduction of on-screen dialogue and sound effects. Experience exciting car chases that follow the racing engines realistically from one side of the room to the other.

Submitted by recoveryone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
Irs been 12 years since I first purchased this center speaker and it still going strong. I heard a few better over the years but from the price point that I paid it cannot be best. Well I'm looking to do a upgrade to the master bedroom system which is currently using an old Radio Shack Optimus Pro CS-3. The CS-3 was fine with the LX5 I had as L/R, but I upgraded to Polk audio Monitor 40 II's and the CS-3 is just lost between them. I was hoping to pick up a Polk Center to match the 40's (CS10/10II) but the price market is still a bit high. I happen across a new Jensen CCS and pulled the trigger on it. I am hoping to expect the great results with it. I plan on replacing the older one in the Family room and moving that one upstairs to the master bedroom.

PS. Thanks to the reviewer behind me for the correction on the woofer size.

Submitted by j_review a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
clear dialogue delivery and crisp sound from tweeter. It's a good addition to home theater if you don't want to spend too much.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by bbgallaway a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
This speaker has dual 5.25" drivers, not 6" drivers like the other review I saw said. Oh, well, anyway, for the price paid, I've got no complaints. I actually bought two of them to use as dual rear centers in my 7.1 channel system. They sound excellent, and are a good addition to movie sound. The two 5.25" woofers and titanium tweeter perform well in the acoustic suspension cabinet.

Submitted by Draymond Crawford II a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I pick this speaker up to replace my entree level JBL center. I saw it on u-bid for $35.00. It made an big impact on my HT set-up, the dual 6" mid woofers handle center bass well and the tweeter just never stops deliverying the clean sound. At 91db, I had to back it down -5db so to give my L/R equal billing. This speaker is great for HT and so-so for music, but that is what a center is made for, movies!

Purchased At:   U-bid.com