Infinity Systems Primus PC250
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency response 80-20,000 Hz (±3dB)</li> <li>8-ohm impedance</li> <li>Sensitivity 90 dB</li> <li>3/4" MMD tweeter</li> <li>Dual 5-1/4" MMD woofers</li> <li>5-way binding posts</li> </ul>

Submitted by optimus primus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2008

Bottom Line:
I am an enthusiast who needs to be very budget conscience. With the kids old enough, it was time to venture into HT. "Transformers" demolished the foam on my Infinity Sterling 2002's and I used ebay to purchase the (2) Primus 152 and 142's. My Infinity Sterling center did not pass the "Transformers" test (foam fallout) even with a sub so while I was looking to refoam the entire Sterling line I checked to see if I could get lucky with a Primus Center. I did.

$22 + $25 shipping gave me an excellent upgrade from the Sterling center channel speaker. Movie dialogue is crisp/clean and comes through very well. Star Wars never sounded cleaner-vocally.

From DVD's of Rob Thomas to Springsteen-NY to Curious George (Johnson) the musical aspect was excellent. I had previously enjoyed the Sterling's warm sound of my music in 2 ch, but the updrade has made me reconsider.

I have read how the pc350 is a great upgrade over the pc250, but for those with a tight budget and an average size living room, I can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with this quality of speaker for the price-new, used or reburbished.