Infinity Systems Minuette L-MPS
Description: 5 Minuette speakers

Submitted by Mike a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are decent speakers for the price. They are lacking in bass but that was pretty obvious based on the size+price. In short, these were a better starter system than most of the inexpensive HTIB speaker sets out there. I'll probably replace the center channel and mains sometime down the road but right now I just have all the channels set to "small" speakers and let the sub handle the low frequencies. My home theater system has to be discrete / small in the living room and these guys don't take up a lot of real estate.

Purchased At:   Harman Outlet

Submitted by Bert a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
Very happy with this great opportunity!

Purchased At:   correct rotterdam

Submitted by JasonL a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought the LMPS system and a Velodyne sub at Circuit City. These lil' Infinity's are clear and the highs are crisp. One thing I notice is the lack of bass. I know small speakers aren't supposed to boom like a subwoofer but should fill in some of the low spots. The LMPS rolls off about about 200 and if you turn your subwoofer off, you can really hear what I'm talking about. I liked them because you can get the whole set for about $300. The velodyne does a good job of filling in where the LMPS fails but the 'seam' is so high (200hz) that it takes away from the music.

Submitted by John McManus a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers from UBID for $112.00. They're refurbished but look and sound brand new, not to mention they come with a 90 day Harmon warranty. They're not bad for surround speakers. I used four for the rear channels (the center channel is in the center, of course) pointing opposite directions. I have two old and big Pioneer 15" (read crappy) speakers up front. It sounds great to me! The Pioneers really have a lot of bass. Circuit City had the Infinity's new for $349.00. What a rip-off!! I've listened to the Bose systems and they sound great but cost about $1000 more than I wanted to spend (read cheap). Anyway, I suggest you check out UBID (www.ubid.com) if you really want some great sounding cheap speakers. Just like the other reviews, they're not really big on bass, but that's why Infinity makes the BU-1 and BU-2 subwoofers - right??

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Joeness a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought the minuette system because i had a small room. For my situation it worked pretty well. Installation was easy because there were brackets to hang the satalites. The only problem was that you can hear that it is missing a bit of low midrange. I mainly use them to watch movies and i am happy with them. Actually i was more surprised than anything. I also bought the 8"sub(BU 1) also. After finding the best spot for it, it gave me the bass i needed for the small room.