Harman Kardon HKC Center Channels

The center channel of a home cinema system is no place to compromise – you need wide frequency response with strong bass. The HKC satisfies those requirements with dual, polymer-reinforced, 5-inch mid/low-frequency transducers as well as a titanium-laminate, 3/4-inch high-frequency tweeter. Compact enough to fit on almost any television set, the HKC has the output and accuracy to deliver precise dialogue reproduction.

Submitted by hendricksonet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
I set out to buy my first audio system. I didn't want to settle for buying my system at Best Buy so I went online in search of a great sounding system. For the first time I was happy that I got a pop up ad. It was advertising HK Direct on ebay. From there I bought all my speakers. All of them were Brand New never opened shipped directly from Harman Kardon.

When I hooked these up to my HK AVR430 I was amazed. The clarity was something I was hoping for, but did not expect for the $89 sticker price I paid. To test the speakers a bit more I popped in the Top Gun DVD and was blown away. Everything sounded awesome! From then on I have loved turning up the volume on any movie and listening to every detail.

When I tell people that I paid $89 for these their expectations fall, but when they sit down and listen to them they want to know how to get a pair for themselves.

Overall I would recommend these to speakers anybody, except if you can afford higher end B&W or B&O speakers.

Purchased At:   HK Direct Ebay Store

Submitted by zoobalisious a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
This speaker far surpasses any other speaker that I have heard in it's price range. Treble is clear and defined, not overly bright or harsh. Mid bass is solid. I could not be more pleased with HKC's performance/price ratio.

Purchased At:   Harmanaudio.com

Submitted by Justus a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
Fantastic Center! very clean and crisp. 125w dual. nothing less then fantastic. I have had and heard many upper end centers that retail from 250 up and nothing comes close.

Purchased At:   e bay / HK direct

Submitted by cageydude a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I set out a month ago to replace our old receiver and speakers, and did a lot of comparisons in local shops. We mainly needed a good HTS setup, but wanted to enjoy music as well (probably 80% movies).

For the receiver, I purchased the Yamaha HTR-5660 from J&R, and am extremely happy with it (though I wish it had more coaxial audio inputs).

For speakers, my wife and I listened to several package systems (JBL, Infinity, Yamaha, Sony), and looked at components. We were leaning toward buying components, simply because we found the packages lacking in depth and midrange. However, I happened upon the Harmon Kardon ebay store and saw that they were selling several combos direct

I wound up buying the 5.1 system which included two pairs of HKB6's, the HKC center channel, and the HKSUB 150" front-firing sub. I was hesitant at first, because I was buying these unheard, but the specs were impressive, and HK has a 30-day no questions money back policy.

Thankfully, I'll not be sending them back. We love the speakers, and I've had friends over who spent much more on their systems, and they are awed by the quality. They also look great.

The only thing missing is a way to tilt the center speaker up or down. Not a big deal, I just notice that some have it.

[I'm placing this review on the HKB6 and HKSUB pages as well]

Purchased At:   Harman Kardon ebay s

help with my new speakers hks 2 and hkc center

Hi I'm new here ..Just won 2 speaker sets off ebay last week and can't seem to find a cheap compatible receiver .any suggestions would be greatly appreciatted.. First I'm a very electronic illiterate female who thought I bought all I need ..and well our speakers arrived today and ..I have no clue h ... Read More »