Focal Chorus CC700 Center Channels

JM Lab 6-1/2" Chorus Center Channel Speaker- Chorus CC700 Black/ 2-1/2 Way/ 100 Watts Maximum Power/ Black Ash Finish

Submitted by Rock789 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
***This review is for a Focal JM Lab Chorus CC700S***
------------------------------------------------------------------

After nearly two years, I am still very happy with my system. I auditioned several different models of Focal JM Lab, Mirage, and Klipsch. I listened to many other companies which I eliminated from my list for one reason or another.

I am using a Denon 2805 to power these and it seems to be a very nice match although I do plan on amping someday...

IMO, this speaker plays sacd multi-ch. music and movies very well.

This center channel complements the Chorus 716S and 706S speakers very well.

Purchased At:   Golden Gramophone

Submitted by cpu8088 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I used this product with great satisfaction except that the dynamic range was poor. So I changed all internal speaker cable wiring using monster z1 cables and resolder the capacitors of the crossover network with better quality ones. Wow I wont sell it for double the original purchase price.

Submitted by HXKing a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought it in a AV shopping centre, after tested B&W CC6 S2 , Tannoy , JBL and several centre speakers with same price level, I choose this one. IT IS EXCELLENT !!! Well at high frequency, especailly when you playing Image1 &2 CDs, Eagle , EMI classic, the flute, guitar sound is extremely realistic!! Good sensitivity , too !!! Thanks to the titanium alloy twister (I haven't speel wrong ?since my English is bad). When I watch saving private Ryan, the sound impressed me again !!! the ammo, the boom sound is extremely concrete !! Head and shoulders my JBL N-centre !!! JBL N-centre seems like a toy when compare to this speaker !! (please don't angry with me, it's truth !! ) The low bass is concrete, high frequency is active, EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE !!

Purchased At:   HK AV shopping centr