Energy Speaker Systems RC-LCR Center Channels

The RC-LCR mdash; it works like magic. Place it horizontally below your flat panel and its the perfect center channel for movies and games. Place it upright and it rocks out as a left or right front speaker for music. Whats the secret? An Energy exclusive diagonal tweeter/midrange design that disperses sound identically in both planes.
  • Speaker System: Bass Reflex, Dual Rear Vented
  • Recommended Amplifier Power: 200 watts RMS
  • Impedance: 8 ohms
  • Minimum Impedance: 4 ohm
  • Frequency response: 52Hz-23000Hz +/- 3dB

Submitted by nikosidis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2011

Bottom Line:
As Canuckle said, the sweetspot is almost endless. Today I was sitting in my home cinema with 3 kids and my wire. I was sitting all the way to the right and I could not belive how the center could deliver sweetspot there. I know that is kind of the point with a center, but this is another leauge from what I heard before.

Very powerfull speaker that can be played real loud. I have the rc-10 as front and REL statium III as sub.
This combo delivers the real thing. Very natural, the way I like it.

Submitted by canuckle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
The RC-LCR is a gem of a speaker and the dark horse of the RC series. The speaker's sweetspot is almost endless. It blends absolutely perfectly with the other RC speakers (as one would expect). The 3-way system handles all sounds and any transients effortlessly and with astounding detail. It completely changed my multichannel experience. It's got a lot more "oomph" than many centre channels that I've heard or owned. As with the rest of the series, the build and finish are absolutely extraordinary. There is nothing bad to say about this speaker.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound (canada)