Definitive Technology C/L/R 2000 Center Channels

4.96/5 (27 Reviews) MSRP : $650.00

Heres a useful speaker that can be utilized as a center, left ,or right channel speaker in a surround sound system. The C/L/R 2002 includes state-of-the-art features like high-definition polymer coned cast-basket bass/midrange drivers, wide dispersion tweeters, and complex Linkwitz-Riley crossover networks. Center/Left/Right Shielded Audio/Video Loudspeaker

Submitted by basshead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
Clr 2000 is the best center i have ever used

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
After enjoying a Definitive Tech CLR1000 center for several years in my system with BP10 fronts and BP2X surrounds, I was considering a change to B&W or another more exotic brand. I decided to try a used CLR2000 that had been traded at my local dealer. Since the drivers in the CLR1000 and CLR2000 appear identical, I expected a modest improvement in bass extension and little other difference. To my delight there was a noticeable improvement in clarity of dialog and enhanced sound stage with the CLR2000.

Submitted by DanTanna a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great speaker, period! Can handle every bit of power my Denon 2801 can deliver. It is huge, but fits nicely on top of a 36" Sony XBR. Matches the BP30's, BP6b's and 15TL+.

Submitted by Ross a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I recently decided it was time to upgrade my center channel to match my Definitive Technology BP-30's. So, I spent half a day at a local audio store comparing the CLR 2002, 2300, and 2000. Comparisons were performed on music CD's and DVD's.

I found very little difference between the CLR2002 and the 2300. I did notice a significant difference when I heard the 2000. At the store, after many A/B comparison tests, I narrowed it down to the 2000 or the 2002. I didn't think the powered sub in the 2300 really added that much to my system.

I brought home the 2002 and the 2000 for home tests. Again using CD's and DVD's, I conducted many A/B tests and decided that I preferred the 2000. However, I fully acknowledge that I would also be perfectly happy with the 2002.

If you've got a big entertainment center where you can conceal the huge CLR2000, it's a great speaker. If it's too big, don't hesitate to purchase the CLR2002.

Submitted by Shane a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I cannot say enough about this great center channel speaker. I used to have the clr 2002 and wanted a little better bass response and a little clearer sounding vocals, so I bumped up to the clr 2000. What a difference, it was like night and day. The clr 2000 has great bass response and the sweetest sounding tweeters. This thing is extremely clear sounding on vocals. Another plus is the elegant looking gloss black endcaps, not only does this thing sound fabulous but it also looks it too. This speaker is built like a rock. Don't try to save yourself $100 and get the 2002, because that is what I did and regretted it. Spend it and get every penny's worth by getting the clr 2000. Once again, another great sounding speaker from a company that makes great products.

Purchased At:   Boots Camera