Cerwin Vega Re-6C Center Channels

3.63/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $290.00

Center Channel - (2)6.5" Drivers and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I use this with the CV RE-30's, I got the center free when I purchased the RE-30's. Overall I am regretting the purchase. I put this head to head with my klipsch KG2.5 which has the same speaker configuration and while it could handle more power, the klispch was much clearer.

The Center really is a poor match for the RE-30's. The strength of the RE-30's is not their midrange and highs. The center does carry the voice well, but lacks bass due to the port. Most people do not crank their centers, like they would their front speakers. Basically the port just makes the speakers lack bass at normal movie and music volumes. I noticed a big improvement with clarity once I put monster cable into the center

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by willie faggo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
these speaker totally rock all you bros

Purchased At:   cerwin-vega re 30 series home audio

Submitted by Jeff a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this center several years ago for my old Kenwood pro-logic receiver, before I knew anything about HT. It sounded okay then and it sounds okay now that its connected to my Onkyo 676. I will probably replace it within the next year (as funds become available), but for now its a solid all-around performer that doesn't do anything particularly well but doesn't do anything poorly either. Put it another way, it doesn't really enhance my HT experience but it does noticeably detract from it either.

Of course, for the same money today I would go with a JBL studio series center.

Note: I have this sitting on top of a 27" tv and though its a bit big, I haven't had any problems with the video shielding.

Purchased At:   Best Buy (in 1997 or 98)

Submitted by Andy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this center to compliment my CV Re-30's. On retrospect that was somewhat pointless because the drivers are completely different. And, sure enough, it doesn't sound like the upper range of the Re-30's as much as I'd like it to. But it has great highs and reasonable extension (a center this bulky should have better bass, IMO). My only real complaint is that the video shielding isn't effective and I've had to buffer the area between the speaker and the TV to avoid magnet leak. Also, I wish I'd only paid $60 like the one guy instead of $150!!! It's a good performer, though, and anyone who could find a used one would be happy.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have always been a CV fan and this speaker reinforces that. Since I got into Home Theater I listen more carefully to what comes out of my system. I bought this speaker to replace a speaker that was not trully a center channel speaker. I hear people say that this speaker does not handle midrange lows well. I am trying to figure out how htey have thier systems set up. As more than 60% of all dialog comes through the center channel I have a good opportunity to listen to what this speaker does. I have friends who are more audiophile listen to it and tell what a grea spekaer it is. I have played movies and music on my system and then taken them and played them on my buddies 25k home theater system and in my environment it sounds every bit as good.