Boston Acoustics VR 14 THX Center Channels

Center Channel Speaker - (2) 6.5" Woofers, (2) 2.5" Mids and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Tom Anderson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
They broke the mold with this speaker. I can't believe that this is no longer manufactured by Boston Acoustics. I demoed the upper end of Pardigm, Kiplsch, Energy, Polk and the latest Boston offerings. The VR14 THX simply blew them away for multi-channel sources. Clearly, the most robust acurate and neutral sounding center that I have ever owned. Awesome for HT sources. Very articulate, natural and revealing.

Purchased At:   EBay

Submitted by Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
This center channel has served me very well for a few years now. It has performed effortlessly with all types of movies. I would easily buy one again, although I'd like to check out the VR-12 more thoroughly.

Submitted by Jim a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
This center speaker is amazing. Gives you a sweet sound for both CD & HT. Is well balanced I'm impressed the way it manages vocal, fidelity and percussion instruments. It's pretty heavy but well built.
I am very happy with it. By far the best I've heard and the most complete!

Submitted by Steven K Ford a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
The best center channel i have heard, perfectly matches the VR35 my only dislike is its huge and bulky. The timbre is perfectly matched with the VR35

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by SAM a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 1999

Bottom Line:
This center channel is great for movies. It delivers very nice detail on special effects and clear dialogue. Before purchasing this speaker, I gave the vr-12 a try. The vr-12 is a great speaker, but I found the THX certified vr-14 to have more "real" sound and to be better built. I would recommend any of this two speakers to anyone who cares more about movie sound than music. The vr-12 runs for about $400 ($329 at amsound.com) and the vr-14 for $600 (got it for $440 at amsound.com). The vr-14 can be biwired, which I found to sound better than running single wires to it, and will handle up to 250 watts. It's huge at 25" width and 10 1/2" depth. Give it a try, it's worth it.