B&W HTM4S Center Channels

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

The HTM4S is the smallest of the centre speakers in the range and is effectively an 805S with a different aspect and the added feature of magnetic shielding. It is therefore the ideal centre speaker when assembling a high quality, yet compact home theatre system with the 805S looking after the left and right channels.

Submitted by starguygwb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this center when I bought the 805s bookshelf speakers, so they would burn in at the same time. Where as I really love the 805s for everything the center lacks punch when it comes to movies. In my set up I have to turn the center channel setting up 4db higher than the other speakers(this could be because of room,furniture aspects also). I upgraded to the 800 series after using 600 series speakers for a few years. During which I had the top center channel which , spoiled me I think. So my expectation was high buying new 800 series main & center channel's, but after listening for over 2 years I think I might sell the center and buy the top 600 series center.

Purchased At:   Almas hifi

Submitted by tito a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2008

Bottom Line:
It´s a fantastic speaker.

Product model year:   2007

Purchased At:   Palacio de Hierro

Submitted by hein88@sbcglobal.net a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
This center channel matches great with the signature 805 speakers. Like the 805's the HTM4S needs a good but not necessarily great (expensive) amp. I bridged the Rotel 981 with great results.

SACD listening benefits with this speaker. This speaker also has great bass for a center channel. Rated down to 49hz, I think that it goes lower. Movie dialogue is very clean and intelligible.

I do not use the stand. I mounted the speaker on top of the tv.

The HTM4S (like most B&W speakers) is very revealing. Poor recorded DVD's/SACD's will stand out. This is also true with great soundtracks like
Elvis Costello's North SACD,John Mayer's Heavier Things SACD,Sting's Brand New Day SACD and James Taylor's Hourglass SACD.

Even if you have the great 803's or the 801's, I recommend that you audition this speaker.

Purchased At:   classic stereo