B&W CC 6 S2 Center Channels

4.04/5 (48 Reviews) MSRP : $350.00

2.5-way 4th-order vented-box Center Channel - 5" Driver and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
The CC6 S2 not unlike any other B&W is a grouchy beast. Many people give this speaker poor reviews based on initial performance out of the box. You can't do that. This speaker requires at least 40 hrs to fully bloom. Up to that it will sound boomy and flat. I almost lost my patience with it myself. It also requires ample amounts of power. I still wasn't really happy with it so I purchased a Lovan stand for it. Much improved sound. Lastly I purchased a quality cable for it, an 8' Straight Wire Octave cable. Once again, I noticed a vast improvement in clarity and detail; the vocals were also no longer flat.

Be patient with this unit, give it plenty of power and don't set it flat on top of your TV. Purchase a quality cable for it as well. It will reward you for it. The 600 S2 series are the same way, why would the center channel be any different?

Purchased At:   dealer

Submitted by hi_fiman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
The worst possible selection anyone could make for a center speaker, poor driver contruction, poor efficiency, and too much reputation on the B&W name. sounded boomy and was really poor for music

Purchased At:   private party

Submitted by gjoseph a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a great center channel speaker that I picked from London. Very strong and punchy mid range which is an absolute essential for a good home theater.

Purchased At:   Musical Images

Submitted by DeNoN_MaN a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
I love the CC6 S2 as well as my 602 S2s. Great speaker and sounds great with my Denon AVR-2802. If you are considering it, buy it.

Purchased At:   Natural Sound

Submitted by Dwayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
This centre channel is an exceptional value (if you can still find one because the B&W 600 series 3 are now out). It loves to be played with lots of volume, especially if you're playing music through it. I am guessing that you might need a descent amp to run these juding some of the other negative comments on this site for this speaker. I am using an NAD 760.
It has a wide and open soundstage and a surprising amount of snappy bass punch for a centre channel (not subwoofer levels of course). The treble is detailed and clear. This speaker is good enough that it has showed me that I HAD to upgrade my old Infinity Reference speakers (good speakers in their day)that I used for fronts.
The speaker does need to be broken in, due to the kevlar drivers, the soundstage on mine did not open up until after about 40 hours. Once it did, it sounded great.
Of course there are better and far more expensive centre channels out there, but dollar for dollar I consider this speaker to be an exceptional value and almost impossible to beat for the sound at this price.

Purchased At:   Audio Express