Aperion Audio Intimus 522D-VAC Center Channels

• Magnetically Shielded
  • DiAural Crossover Technology

Submitted by jt.reynolds@cox.net a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is a great center channel speaker. It has great & true sound and reproduces the voice frequencies accurately and faithfully. You won't miss dialog from movies anymore.

I am amazed at the quality ofconstruction and how attractive the speaker is. I bought the gloss black to match the rest of ym system and am very impressed.

Customer service - When I bought this, within the first few days, I noticed a fuzzy noise coming from the right 5.25". I called Aperion and they were very helpful, they even appologized. They did have me go through some testing to confirm that it was not my ear hearing a noise that was not there, but once they were convinced that there was a problem, they shipped a replacement at their expense, and without hesitation...including a shipping label to return the original speaker. All I had to do was drive to the UPS store and drop it off (I could have had them pick it up, but going to the store proved more convenient for me).

I am very happy with this speaker and plan to do more busines with Aperion. I get the impression that they are a small company that just wants make quality products and sell them honestly and at resonable prices.

What more could you ask for?

Purchased At:   Manufacturer web sit

Submitted by m8140 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
I auditioned the vac last year and must admit that i was very impressed. It is a steal at that price. The vac was returned however just because of a bad timbre match to my B&W mains. The aperion was in some ways superior to the B&W LCR600. Maybee a little soft in the mid to lower base but much better in the highs. Male voices on the vac would be my only complaint. The speaker is smaller, lighter, just over half the price, and a lot nicer looking than my centre. Ill have to admit that 25% of the decision came down to bragging rights.

Purchased At:   Aperion mail order

Submitted by elnos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
I had been looking at B&W and Paradigm CCs to replace my Boston Acoustics RM series CC, but I quickly forgot about them when I heard the Aperion VAC.
At a little more than half the price the VAC sounds much nicer, and the build quality is outstanding.

Purchased At:   Aperion Audio