AcoustTech HT-65 Center Channels

4.5/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $249.00

• Design - Video shielded, two-way, three component center
  • Frequency Response - 55 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 3 dB)
  • Drivers - Dual 6 1/2" woofers, one 6 1/2" mid/high frequency horn with neodymium magnet
  • Sensitivity - 96 dB @ 1 watt, 1 meter
  • Power - 10 - 150 watts per channel
  • Dimensions - 8" H x 22 W x 6" D

Submitted by lewburgh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
Just purchased an acousticsounddesign HT-65 center channel from acoustic sounddesign.com. They were quick to ship the item and the center was new as described, not a refurb, and in the original packaging. Acousticsounddesign was very responsive to my emails and I will probably purchase the HT-75s from them as well. So what can I say about the HT-65 that hasn't already been said. I agree with the other reviewers about he treble and highs being a tad sizzling and blaring but am thinking that will go away after the break in period of 50 to 100 hours. The bass was slightly boomy but I fixed this through the internal x over in my HK AVR525 amp. The horn sounds great and the speaker sounds head over heels better than my previous center (JBL N Center II) . Not even a close comparison. For the money I would recommend acousticsounddesign and these acoustech speakers to an audio enthusiast or beginner like myself looking for a great sounding speaker at an affordable price.

Purchased At:   acousticsounddesign

Submitted by Lonch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
Let me first say that I'm not a dealer or Audiofile. I just enjoy stereo equipment. It is my hobby when I can Afford it. I have owned many speakers in my past (back when I was making more money). Some examples are: Martin Logan -Request, Klipsch -Klipschorns, Carver -ALIII, M&K -many.
I was shopping and researching getting Klipsch again and I had listened to the RF-7 and RC-7 a couple of years ago and really liked them. Well, I came across the Acoustechs while searching and got curious. I read some reviews and said "I must be crazy to try these if they are that cheap". I decided to start with the center(HT-65) and the bookshelfs(HT-64) because I wanted to mount them to the wall rather than have towers for my small room. My equipment is pretty good. I have a Lexicon DC-1, Rotel RB-985II, Toshiba DVD SD-9200, Tice line conditioner and Nordost cables.
Listening to these before they even broke in, the first thing that amazed me was the seperation of voices and instruments. I could hear each singer, guitar, bass, drums, piano, etc. They were all very distinct and not at all like some speakers which will blend certain sounds or frequencys together. After letting them brake in. I did some real listening. First the voices sounded very clear and natural in music and even better in movies. second the three speakers blended very well together. the imaging was good but not great. I am about 90% movies and 10% 2-channel music. So these are perfect for what I need. Now don't get me wrong there are better speakers out there and I have owned some of them, but for very efficient and great sounding speakers for very little money is amazing. Last comment I'll say is even though I am a Klipsch fan, save the money and get these Acoustechs. You will not regret it. I will be getting the surrounds and Sub, to complete the system, very soon. I Give them 5 stars for the fact that you get a good sounding speaker for very little money.

Submitted by danielp1030 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
This center speaker is of nice build quality and it quite frankly blows away my much more expensive Nht center. This speaker has a very full loud sound. It really brought my system to life.

Submitted by Guppie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
Sleek, slick, black piano lacquer finnish and my what a pleasure to hear. Highs and mids are lush and accurate. The speaker is very efficient and easy to drive. Your modestly powered receivers will not have any trouble driving any of the speakers in the Acoustech line.

Purchased At:   Acoustic Sound Desig

Submitted by dvdphile a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
You can't go wrong with this center channel speaker. Its almost identical to the BIC dv-62-clr(s) except it has about a 3db volume increase and very slightly brighter. The new model with the piano black finish looks great. Plenty of headroom without distortion and just sounds great! Match up with the new Acoustech ht-64's fronts and you're all set except for the surrounds, The HT-62's should work well. Excellent speakers. I purchased from www.acousticsounddesigns.com which has a good price and service.