Yamaha NS-A528 Bookshelf Speakers

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Lance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'm using these for the 2 rear surround channel speakers in a home theater system. They are more than adequate for this purpose. The midrange sound is very good, while highs are adequate. They aren't designed for good low bass response, but then again I don't need them for that in my setup. I bought these to match up with other Yamaha front and center speakers. For the $75 (pair) price tag they are an excellent value for rear surround or in an HT setup where they are set to "small."

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought these inexpensive speakers for my bedroom system. I'm using them to fill a hole in my current system's sound field. For this they perform quite well. I have a Luxman LV-109 integrated amp with older Design Acoustics DA-10 speakers. These DA-10's have quite good Bass and Treble but their mid-range is pretty weak at moderate volumes, these little Yamaha's took care of filling that in quite nicely. For a two-channel system, it is now a fairly satisfying HT experience. Music was always pretty good and now it's moderately better. I could see these performing decently as budget speakers for your surrounds in a Home Theater setup. They would be lousy as standalone speakers.