Vienna Acoustics Acoustics Haydn Bookshelf Speakers

4.83/5 (41 Reviews) MSRP : $895.00

Bookshelf ported bass reflex 5.5in woofer, 1in. tweeter

Submitted by richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
Never has a small speaker sounded so amazing... My only memory of anything similar was the ProAc Tablette

Submitted by pinchechris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
I picked these up after reading all the rave reviews. I admit their great speakers. I am most impressed by the bass that comes from these speakers. Reviewers are not kidding when they say you really don't need a subwoofer with these tiny little speakers. I always use a sub with bookshelf speakers but with these I have it turned down to almost nothing. In that sense they're a phenomenon. The mids and highs are nice, not overpowering but add texture to the music.

That brings me to the only thing I could really fault these speakers for: They seems to add a little bit of color to the music. I'm admittedly an NHT guy, been pretty thrilled with their speakers for a while now. I'm used to the dead flat sound that comes from them, in a good way, not bad. When I first fired these up I was a little turned off by the seemingly colored sound but after a while I get to really liking it (I bought them used so already broken in). The other thing that's really not a fault of the speakers but really my wife's (she won't let me put speakers 3 feet from the wall like they're supposed to be): The rear firing port seems to muddy up the bass when I have them a in their place, almost a foot from the wall. I've had better luck with front firing ports. If it weren't for these two minor details I'd give them a 5 star rating all the way around. Oh yeah.....they're damn expensive! Pretty well worth it though.

If I had a small apt and no sub there'd be no better speaker. These would be first on my list

Submitted by accastil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
these speakers toppled the proac1SC, proac tablette 8, tablette 2000, sonus faber concertino, spendor ls3/5a, totem rainmaker, at least when paired with my gears. they just dissappear. tonality is perfect, bass is adequate..sounds just right.

Purchased At:   phil.

Submitted by leekb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
The loudspeaker I want to write about is new Haydn, which is called Haydn Grand. Some key differences between the new and previous model are:

a) bigger mid-woofer (6" vs 5.5")
b) front ported vs rear ported
c) bigger dimension all round
d) 4 ohm vs 6 ohm impedance

The build quality of the Haydn Grand is superb. The rosewood finish looks great. I listened to the Haydn Grand driven by a pair of 100W/ch Flying Mole Class D digital amplifier with great result.

Purchased At:   Singapore

Submitted by joesakic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
Hard to believe this little speakers can can have such amazing sound. For the budget of around $1000 (but it gives you
the quality about $3000 speakers.)
The soundstage is deep and wide, the high is crystal clear and the bass is good --
if you using large current amp.
I used Musical Fadelity A3.2 Int. amp to drive and it give me tube amp like feeling.
I have compared it with Proac 1SC ($2000), just can't tell the different.
It needs long time to break in (about 300 hours). So please be patient, you will find the amaing sound after complete burn in.

My setup: Hadyn Speakers
NAD C542 Cd player
MF A3.2 int. amp
Van Den Hul speaker cable

Purchased At:   Excel (closing sales

Please add Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand

Manufacturer Name: Vienna Acoustics Manufacturer's Website Address: [url]http://www.vienna-acoustics.com[/url] Category: Bookshelf Loudspeakers Product Name & Model: Haydn Grand Price (MSRP): $1,295/pair (Maple, Piano Black, Cherry), $1,495/pair (Rosewood) Link to Image: [url]http://www.sumikoa ... Read More »