PSB Speakers Image B25 Bookshelf Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The Image B25 is no ordinary bookshelf speaker. While its compact design is rather simple, the 6.5-inch metalized-cone woofer and 1-inch tweeter array are well-matched, and the front baffle is specially designed to enhance the performance of the duo. Dealers love the flexibility of this compact speaker as it can be used as a main front or rear surround when paired with one of our powerful subwoofers.

Submitted by Stliong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
Downright better than most B&W bookshelves in terms of clarity and realism. One of the best deals in the market. I compared this with JMLab Chorus V806 and ended up getting the JMLab even at almost 50% more expensive. But I can live with either one, I just got the prettier looking. But I'll be getting these for my HT system.

Product model year:   2008

Purchased At:   Authorized Dealer

Submitted by steve6 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2008

Bottom Line:

I gave up the Polk LSi9's for these little PSB's. As wonderful as they are, the Polks just didn't make it in my troublesome room (tweeter height being a continuing problem). The B25's are perfect on my 26-inch stands, putting the tweets right at ear level.

PSB says their speakers sound fine out of the box, and that's true. My pair were open-boxers with an estimated 10 hours on the odometer, and they continued to improve with use. They have truly "opened up" in the past week.

This is an unfettered, classic two-way bookshelf speaker with zero bells and whistles, a tried-and-true design. They do everything well, from relaying the majesty of a symphony orchestra to the intimacy and potency of a jazz trio. Drums sound like drums; violins are sweet and pure.

They are facing a sliding glass door in my environment, and I am plagued with standing waves, so I really can't honestly review the bass from the 6 1/2-inch woofer. I use my sub most of the time. The bass is definitely *there*, but whether or not there's enough of it for you without a sub is a personal matter, along with the kind of material you listen to.

Overall, the presentation is rich and lifelike, detailed without being harsh, warm enough not to be fatiguing. In short, a terrific value.

Purchased At:   DMC Electronics, Gar