Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers

• Efficiency: 89 dB
  • Inputs: 5-way binding posts

Submitted by TRLJR a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2015

Bottom Line:
I just bought a pair of these Polkaudio T15 speakers from "BestBuy", on sale, to spread the sound system from the TV/AV system in the living room to the kitchen/dinning room. I was hesitant to deal with BestBuy and the $59 sale price. However, listening to these speakers, compared with all of the other bookshelf speakers in the store, to my ears, they far surpassed the fidelity of all others priced much higher. So, I took the chance, brought them home and connected them via a wireless "rockfish" transmitter and receiver. Having set them up, aiming them so they provide as balanced sound as I can, between the living room 5-channel speaker system, to their sound in the kitchen dining area, I love the sound. My quest, for my wife, was to give her music, TV audio, FM, whatever... in the kitchen dinning area. Apparently, I made a good choice. She loves the sound as I do. Currently, I've got Mark Knofler's "Screen Playing" piped throughout the 1st floor and anywhere in the kitchen dinning area it sounds like it's coming through high end head phones. I'm very tempted to go back and buy a few more pairs, with "rockfish" transceivers to send the sound throughout the rest of the house. So far, great product at a great price. I'm sure there are other sound systems for the whole house that, if I had thousands to spend would be better. However, at least to my old ears, these are great! I can't wait 'til the subwoofer comes in to enhance the bass throughout the 1st floor.

Submitted by Dennis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have no major gripes with these speakers they have a warm sound with a decent amount of air in the treble. Mid-bass is clean and tight though the mid range is a little muted perhaps the front firing bass port chokes out the most delicate range of frequencies. Otherwise okay speaks for 89.99/pr

Submitted by Soundman63 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought these Polk Audio T15's just for a change in the sound of my home theater.
I have been listening to Klipsch Academy's for the fronts and center, and KG 1.5's
for the surrounds and front effect speakers, with 2 Klipsch KSW-15 subs for the past
7 years. This is all driven by a Yamaha RX-V3800, so you see I take my theater system
pretty seriously.

After 7 years of horn tweeters, I wanted a little smoother sound for a while. The Klipsch
are fantastic speakers, don't get me wrong, I just like to listen to different systems.
I also own a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 805s.

So when I saw $49.99 a PAIR @ Best Buy, I had to stop in and give them a listen,
I was impressed enough to buy a pair along with a Polk Audio PSW-110, which they were
running for $124.99, how could I go wrong?

I took my new purchase home and hooked up my Jolida 102B tube amplifier to the T15's,
I listened to music for the next 4 hours! I couldn't get over how musical these speakers are.
Granted they will not have the power capability that I have grown accustomed to, but the
sound quality was so impressive, I decided to buy 2 more pair and another sub, along with
a Polk Audio CS10 center channel I found on ebay sold by Newegg for $59.99.

Now if anyone is counting, that is $460.00 + tax for a complete speaker system, WOW!
I can see this staying in place for a few yaers until I am ready to make the full commitment
to the full Bowers and Wilkins system I have have dreaming about for years.

If you have a small to medium theater room I would not hesitate to put these little speakers
to use. If you have good clean amplification, I don't see why these babies won't give you
the desired results you are looking for. I definitely give Polk 2 thumbs up!

Happy Listening!!!!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Brian Eaglebarger a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2013

Bottom Line:
I Just purchased these Speakers for My Den / Home Office, paired with a Vintage Pioneer SX-434 Receiver, which I run my computer/tv music through..Impressed..for $99.98 @ Best Buy, perfect for my office. I also Run a SX-727 through my series II Bose 601's for my home system..both Pioneers have been refurbished, and updated..So, I'm somewhat surprised at the sound quality of the Polk's.

Submitted by recoveryone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2013

Bottom Line:
I am in the process of upgrading a few things for a small media room. Most of the gear is older units that I have had over the years and decided to put them to good use. The system consist of:
Pioneer VSX D510
Optimus LX5's Fronts
Polk CRS Center
Optimus Passive sub
Pioneer HTB Rears

The first move was to replace the passive sub with a powered one. I replaced that with a Polk Audio PSW 10, Along with the new sub I replace the zip line speaker wire with 12AWG speaker cables for the fronts and center. That liitle bit of change made some nice improvements in sound. But I was reading a few reviews about the Polk Audio T15's and thought it would be nice to have matching speakers across the front sound stage. The T15's arrived and I slipped them in the spot of the LX'5's. Right away I notice a wider sound stage and more depth in the sound. I was not sure if it was the new toy effect or was I hearing what I thought. I put the T15's through a few paces using test sounds through my squeezebox and then the Blu ray. The T15's handle it all with ease and continue to bring forth a nice balance between the sub and center channel. The LX5's are no slouch with the fame lithuam ribbon tweeter, but I think time has caught up with them.

Product model year:   2009