Polk Audio RTI28 Bookshelf Speakers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

POLK AUDIO BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS, 20-125 WTS, 5 1/4' => Mode RTI28

Submitted by mingram1234 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got 4 of these along with the Polk CSi30 center, and PSW350 subwoofer hooked to a Onkyo TX-DS595 receiver @ 75 wpc. I love them. They are very clean and clear. I get a lot of compliments on this setup. I use my system mainly to view TV and movies, and of course I listen to FM. Put in a DVD you like best and sit back and really get in the movie with amazing clarity and floor-shaking bass.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Compared these to several bookshelfs at Circuit City side by side including Sony and DCM. None compared to these in this price range. Even the more expensive Infinity speakers couldn't hold a candle to these speakers! Highly recommend these speakers for computer or surround speakers. Would be fine for main speakers if you use a good sub with them.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by alemarba a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased a Yamaha RXV 3300 system and want three pairs of speakers so I haven't to fight agains tonal/power differences. After listen to other brands and the RTI full line, a select the RTI28, because of their incredible midrange and high frecuency sound reproduction. Bass is good for bookshelf speakers but I have two Yamaha SW320 subwoofers to manage this. It's perfect for home theather and very good for music.
Their are design as truly bookshelfs, so use them over stands or pinned to the walls. I got some problems installing them as surrounds because I cannot use the back walls.

Purchased At:   AudioCinema

Submitted by MSkeezer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just got these to replace my R-15's that I was using as my mains for my small home theater setup. The difference was pretty amazing. These can play much louder, crisper, and fuller than the 15's. Whether you get these for use as fronts, or surrounds, you won't be dissapointed.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Zen Bushido a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
These are great for home theater. If Bose and Boston Acoustics and some other brands can get away with home theater packages in little tiny cube speakers, then you can bet that Polk Audio (THE SPEAKER SPECIALISTS) are up to date with that sort of competition. If they sound bad to you then try different placement or another rooom altogether if possible. Even paired with an 8" sub (Polk's ASW250) they can sound awsome! I think they were made in mind to run along with a sub, however don't be discouraged by other reviews...all polk speakers were designed for great bass performance. You can expect these to sound as good if not better than most other speakers in this size catagory. These actually won some award form Stereophile magazine, so they must of rubbed off real good on some real critical ears including my own. If these don't sound big enough for you then shop for bigger speakers, it's that easy. Enjoy!

Purchased At:   n/a