Polk Audio R10 Bookshelf Speakers

4.5/5 (42 Reviews) MSRP : $160.00

2 way bookshelf speaker

Submitted by niles300z a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
The R10 is a solid performer. Although most of the people that have reviewed here are people that have used Sony, Kenwood and Bose, they deserve a closer look. I did take some advice and filled the box with a bit of polyfill and it seemed to help. Everyone should know due to the size of these boxes they aren't going to blow too many people away, but nonetheless at this price they are worth a listen. I have listened extensively to paradigm titans and more expensive polks and all I can come up with is bang for your buck. Try these with some good program material and a good amp like a Rotel, and let them break in. People say they take a while to break in. I may not have mine broken in yet after several weeks. I'll keep trying. I was thinking of selling these, but knowing what I will get for them, to have a pair of well made speakers that would make great surrounds and even very good mains with a sub is worth my $40 to keep them. The tweeter seems to keep amazing me with it's air and doesn't seem too harsh and i'm sure they will continue to get better as they loosen up a bit.

Submitted by ChrisY a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is an absolute little gem.I was in the process of purchasing some Polk R15s or the newer M10s and I went to a pawn shop with friend and spotted these here brand new and still boxed.I bought them at a super bargain price, took them home and checked out the features and specs,low and behold these speakers turn out to be the R15s and M10s just older.The drivers and specs are the same as the recent R15s and newer M10s the only differences are tiny changes in looks but there the same speaker.Awesome!

Purchased At:   Pawn Shop

Submitted by ricksta a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
im amazed how much sound its brought it basicly takesd a lick and keeps on ticking I use them as a front where they are very productive but at 100 watts you cant ask for more resistance quality as a rear surround they get even better theil go as far as it gets in clean crisp sound....

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Dmax a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying that this is one amazing little speaker.I was using Bose 201s as my surrounds and although I am not a huge Bose fan and this is the only Bose product I own. I was pretty pleased with the sound but they are to big for my set up as surrounds and a little ugly.So out of my closet comes the R10s I bought 3 years ago on clearance for 38 bucks.The sound is nothing short of amazing for surround sound so out of curiousity I tried them as fronts and was blown away. They sound almost as good as my R30s,almost better.With a sub there incredible,I cant believe I spent several years shopping for speakers and had the best for my personal taste and needs in my closet all along.

Purchased At:   A1

Submitted by rchunat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I reviewed these late last year or earlier this year. I have pair in secondary system which includes a Cambridge D500SE CD player and Jolida JD301a intregrated hybrid amp. There are only 2 very, very short comings with these speakers, I have 3 CD's out of ~ 250 where high piano notes sound a little harsh and the bass is slightly boomy. Have 6 year old Polk RT12's that don't exhibit neither of the above short comings. Price of the RT12's 6 years ago, $350 each. I still have the RT10's in my secondary system. Conclusion hard to beat the cost vs. peformance of the RT10.