Polk Audio T15
Description: <ul> <li>Overall Frequency Response: 60Hz - 24kHz</li> <li>Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms</li> <li>Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 100 w/channel</li> <li>Efficiency: 89 dB</li> <li>Inputs: 5-way binding posts</li> </ul>

Submitted by Soundman63 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought these Polk Audio T15's just for a change in the sound of my home theater.
I have been listening to Klipsch Academy's for the fronts and center, and KG 1.5's
for the surrounds and front effect speakers, with 2 Klipsch KSW-15 subs for the past
7 years. This is all driven by a Yamaha RX-V3800, so you see I take my theater system
pretty seriously.

After 7 years of horn tweeters, I wanted a little smoother sound for a while. The Klipsch
are fantastic speakers, don't get me wrong, I just like to listen to different systems.
I also own a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 805s.

So when I saw $49.99 a PAIR @ Best Buy, I had to stop in and give them a listen,
I was impressed enough to buy a pair along with a Polk Audio PSW-110, which they were
running for $124.99, how could I go wrong?

I took my new purchase home and hooked up my Jolida 102B tube amplifier to the T15's,
I listened to music for the next 4 hours! I couldn't get over how musical these speakers are.
Granted they will not have the power capability that I have grown accustomed to, but the
sound quality was so impressive, I decided to buy 2 more pair and another sub, along with
a Polk Audio CS10 center channel I found on ebay sold by Newegg for $59.99.

Now if anyone is counting, that is $460.00 + tax for a complete speaker system, WOW!
I can see this staying in place for a few yaers until I am ready to make the full commitment
to the full Bowers and Wilkins system I have have dreaming about for years.

If you have a small to medium theater room I would not hesitate to put these little speakers
to use. If you have good clean amplification, I don't see why these babies won't give you
the desired results you are looking for. I definitely give Polk 2 thumbs up!

Happy Listening!!!!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Brian Eaglebarger a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2013

Bottom Line:
I Just purchased these Speakers for My Den / Home Office, paired with a Vintage Pioneer SX-434 Receiver, which I run my computer/tv music through..Impressed..for $99.98 @ Best Buy, perfect for my office. I also Run a SX-727 through my series II Bose 601's for my home system..both Pioneers have been refurbished, and updated..So, I'm somewhat surprised at the sound quality of the Polk's.

Submitted by recoveryone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2013

Bottom Line:
I am in the process of upgrading a few things for a small media room. Most of the gear is older units that I have had over the years and decided to put them to good use. The system consist of:
Pioneer VSX D510
Optimus LX5's Fronts
Polk CRS Center
Optimus Passive sub
Pioneer HTB Rears

The first move was to replace the passive sub with a powered one. I replaced that with a Polk Audio PSW 10, Along with the new sub I replace the zip line speaker wire with 12AWG speaker cables for the fronts and center. That liitle bit of change made some nice improvements in sound. But I was reading a few reviews about the Polk Audio T15's and thought it would be nice to have matching speakers across the front sound stage. The T15's arrived and I slipped them in the spot of the LX'5's. Right away I notice a wider sound stage and more depth in the sound. I was not sure if it was the new toy effect or was I hearing what I thought. I put the T15's through a few paces using test sounds through my squeezebox and then the Blu ray. The T15's handle it all with ease and continue to bring forth a nice balance between the sub and center channel. The LX5's are no slouch with the fame lithuam ribbon tweeter, but I think time has caught up with them.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by guillermo_gonz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
I had bought a new receiver and hooked it up to an old set of AIWA bookshelf speakers. I had not owned a receiver of some years and the old AIWAs were not sounding to good with the new receiver. I purchased the T-15's to use temporarily as my front speakers and moving them to my rear channels when I have enough money for some Polk Monitor 30's or 40's. I hooked them up and they are receiving 80w from my Pioneer receiver and they sound GREAT!! I've sent my Home Theater and Music signals through them. They matched pretty well with my sub and are crossed over at 150hz but these speakers make me feel like i need to upgrade my sub also. They sound that good. The highs are clear and crisp and the mids are warm. To me they put out a more sophisticated sound and lets me know what I have been missing all these years. I know there are better speakers out there that will amaze me even more but I like these very much and would recommend them anytime especially at the price you can get these at. I could leave these as my fronts and be very happy for years to come.

Submitted by Bill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought these to replace a pair of RCA 3 ways with 12" woofers. I've had a powered sub for years and decided I did not need those huge speakers anymore. These Polks are powered by a Harman Kardon 2 channel stereo receiver that puts out 75 watts/channel. They hang high on the wall aimed down and in toward the listening area. I've never had "small" speakers before and was afraid of these having a small, tinny sound. I'm so glad I was wrong! They have about 40 hours of use and sound great after breaking in. Surprisingly they have almost as much bass as the RCAs(a sub was still required even with the big speakers). The T-15s have adequate mid bass-they won't shake the house with ultra low frequencies, but that's what subwoofers are for. Highs are crisp and clear. Mids and vocals are warm and not muddy. If you crank up some heavy metal really loud, the sound can get harsh. But that holds true with just about any speaker. When listening to jazz, they sound awesome! I can't speak for how they sound with movies-don't do the home theater thing. But with music they please my ears. Sure there are better sounding speakers out there. But for $105, I'm impressed.