Paradigm Reference Studio 10 Bookshelf Speakers

• Design: 2-driver, 2-way bookshelf / stand-mounted
  • High-Frequency Driver(s): 25-mm (1 in) G-PAL dome
  • Bass / Midrange Driver(s): 140-mm (5-1/2 in) S-PAL cone
  • Low-Frequency Extension: 37 Hz (DIN)
  • Sensitivity - Room / Anechoic: 89 dB / 86 dB
  • Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 150 watts

Submitted by Justink a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought the Studio 10s for a second system. They ended up replacing the Studio 20V4 in my main system. For me, it all comes down to neutrality. If I detect coloration, I can't ignore it. I did an A-B test between the Studio 20V4 and Studio 10V5 (the only version they are available in) and the Studio 10s were as good or better in every category except bass. However, the bass wasn't bad. I had a subwoofer in the mix anyway. Besides neutrality, these speakers are very detailed and clear. They also soundstage and image like champs. They throw out a huge, deep soundstage, which expands well beyond the actual placement of the speakers. You know exactly where every instrument is location on the stage.

the build quality and finish of these speakers is amazing, especially for the price. The Studio 10s are the best sub-$1000 speakers I've heard, and are better than many speakers that cost much more.

Submitted by Bhanu a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have been looking for last three months to find a nice monitors speakers for my Ayre Audio system,finaly I found Paradigm Studio 10 v5.These are fantastic speakers.I have used before B & W and Totem.They are well known company and their products are good,but I must say that,Paradig studio 10 v5 are best.Their sound quality are amazing.Such build quality and amazing sound,I don't think any product you can get in today's market in such a price range.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Michel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
At first I was not attracted by the products of Paragim, then I read a review in la revue Diapason from France and this speaker won a Diapason d'or in 2009. The review was higly positive. I finally listen to them with my winsome lab amplifier and I just loved them. The craftmanship is exquisite and of the highest quality. The sound is divine. They are really compact and the stand is of very high quality. They are neutral, never bland, the intrinsect harmonic richness of strings is sensational. The bass and kick is top notch. The voices are splendid.

In one word: "Formidable".

Product model year:   2009