NHT Pro A-10 Bookshelf Speakers

• 6.5" paper cone woofer
  • Two-layer voice coil

Submitted by xeno a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
These are pro monitors and their connections are a little different than regular monitors. They come with matching 150 watts/ch power amplifier that accepts XLR and TRS(1/4) inputs. To connect the amp to the monitors, NHT supplied 20foot pair of XLR cables. Also, the msrp on these is $1250 not $800.

Now to the sound…..these are some of the most neutral speakers I have heard and I have heard many. The top to bottom coherence is very smooth with excellent detail. I use them in my bedroom driven by a Magnum IA170 integrated amp directly fed from a Cary CD303/200 CD player. My friend has the PSB Stratus Mini (msrp $1000) and when compared to these, they leave the PSBs behind in all areas. The A10s disappear in the listening room and you don't hear the loudspeakers just the music. They have surprised me enormously with their detail and transient response. The bass are deep and well extended. It is very hard to criticize the treble, mids or bass as they blend together seamlessly. Very well worth the price I paid and beats many I have heard in the same price range. Two thumbs up!!

Purchased At:   Audiogon