Klipsch RB5II Bookshelf Speakers

4.64/5 (11 Reviews)

KLIPSCH 2-WAY BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS, 150-400 WTS, 8' => Model RB-5II

Submitted by celiomota a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
This Horn loaded speaker was the most close to perfect sound I ever experienced. Adding a RSW-10 Subwoofer you get the best companion to his pair of mighty cerametallic horns.
Listening MArco Antonio Solis, Bukis former singer I could hear his voice like he was performing next to me. My wife is a fan of the artist and she went to see a concert past year in the National Theater Great Hall she told me the nearest experience to her live concert was to listen the cd on the RB5-II´s. The strings were perfectly articulated, the main guitar riff af "te Extraño" was so clear I noticed the noise of each movement of the hand fretting the nickel strings. the inspiration made by the singer taking every breath of air at the begining of each verse was amazingly reproduced by this pair of speakers...I was completely sold !!!! and jaw dropping !!!

Purchased At:   MOLINA & CO

Submitted by josh flemming a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these on closeout, as they are soon going to be discontinued. I walked in intent to buy these, however I was in the room with two sales associates. We also listened to many other bookshelf speakers, including the newer Klispch, the Monitor Audio, and some energy connisour floorstanding speakrs.

Next to these RB5 speakers, the Energy's sounded horrible. The Klipsch 25 sounded good, but not nearly as good. The Klipsch 35 sounded great, but not as good. They told me the Klipsch 75 were way better than these. I said okay, thinking maybe get the 75 instead (they cost well over 1000 a pair). We listened, as we listened all I could think was what finish should I get the RB-5 in - cherry or the other one (beech I think it was called). Anyhow the three of us listened, and after what seemed like it must have been several minutes (one guy was picking out more musical tracks to show off the 75's as we a/b'd the two speakers). By the end, one salesman changed his mind and said the RB5 was better, beleive it or not (belying the absolutely huge price difference). I don't know if it really is better, but now that I brought the RB5 home I am writing this to say that these speakers are quite possibly better than the 75's (still hard to compare since I don't have the 75's in my home). One thing is for sure, the beautifull finish is truly just that - cherry! BTW they did sound better than the $1500/pr Monitor Audio Gold's - more bass and not quite as crunchy on the highs. (If you are reading down, also better than Pardigm Studio 20's which I have thoroughly auditioned in a home environment - no question about it!!!) Also if you are reading down I give it a 4 overall only because I know there are better stuff out there - but certainley nothing that I would want - or even pay for.

I hook these up with a Klipsch RC-35 as the center and to a Dennon amp and wow. I reccomend use a good Klipsch center with these for best results. Remember, these models are going away quite soon.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Alex a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I first bought these speakers when I lived in my apartment, and got rid of my floor standers. Its hard to find speaker stands big enough for these, but it can be done. They sounded great right from the start, excellent bass response for thier size, and the trebel is most amazing.

When I moved into my house, I was really able to find out what they can do. I am powering them off of a Harman/Kardon PA2000 bridged amplifier. These things seriously kick. I have them in a big room and I can't really make them distort, they go so loud they make my ears go numb when I am 15 feet from them, yet they loose little integrity, even at their maximum levels. They remain (near) perfectly crisp at all levels.

Submitted by chadbryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speakers are very bright sounding. Klipsch has alwasy been noted for High-Efficiency loudspeakers, however with their tweeter design, you will notice a slight harsh sound in the "highs".

Purchased At:   AAFES

Submitted by luckyj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
Actually my friend owns these, and runs them in 2 channel stereo with a Velodyne HGS 12 sub, Aragon 18k mkII pre, 8002 amp,D2A2 DAC, and a Jolida CD player. What a nice sound this set-up produces, I was skeptical of the blend w/the sub, but it's rather seamless. He listens to various catagories of rock,blues,and celtic which all sound good on this system. (Jeff Beck, Steve Morse, Al Petteway,Tuck & Patti, Sonny Landreth,Lyle Lovett,etc). There is a decent soundstage, and power requirements are minimal (highly efficient). A good receiver or integrated amp would easily do these justice, but separates make them sing. (IMHO) His room is about 20'wide 10'deep w/8' ceilings

Purchased At:   online

Need klipsch speaker rb5II speaker grill

Hi, I recently scored on a set of beautiful cherry Klipsch RB5II. The previous owner neglected to disclose that he had damaged the frame for one of the speakers and had, (probably several times), had super glued it back together, so when I was carrying it into my "man cave", my arm bumped it sligh ... Read More »