Klipsch KB-15 Bookshelf Speakers

• Power Handling: 85W RMS / 340W Peak
  • Sensitivity: 94dB @ 2.83V / 1m

Submitted by aweir14150 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2013

Bottom Line:
First off, I believe the Klipsch KB-15 is a fairly new model (2012?), and they made a splash on Bestbuy when they went on sale for $100 and they quickly sold out. I wanted an upgrade for my front satellites which came with my Klipsch HD Theater 500. I must say the difference is noticeable but not extreme. I am in an apartment, so I have not had the chance to really crank these up, but I'm sure they could handle it and sound great too.

These feature Klipsch's signature horn-loaded Tractix Aluminum tweeters that produce a wide dispersion which is great for me since I am using them next to my computer monitor, as part of a surround sound setup. I have not owned many speakers and these are my first "real" speakers, so I am basing my opinion of them based on the price. These are originally $249 a pair, so the price I got them for, it was a steal.

The binding posts are better than spring clips but they are relatively close together making connecting the speaker wire tricky. I wish they were a bit farther apart. The bass is kind of boomy but that's most likely due to the ported woofers. Otherwise I was impressed with the bass output of these. They would definitely sound better when paired with a sub. The highs are crisp and "airy" thanks to the extended range of the aluminum tweeter.

Pros: excellent sound quality for the size/price (at the time of purchase). The speaks look just as good without the grill covers as they do with them.
Cons: The terminals could be a bit farther apart. Ported woofer makes some notes sound boomy when the bass is cranked up thru no fault of the speaker.