KEF iQ 30 Bookshelf Speakers

Lyrical. Versatile. Deep and expansive. The iQ30 speaker pair places a 0.75 tweeter at the acoustic center of each speakers 6.5 midrange driver for an audio experience that fills the room instead of focusing on one audio hot spot. The addition of a ported, bass-reflex enclosure extends bass efficiency for an audio experience not normally associated with a bookshelf speaker pair.

Submitted by Ronin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've been in search of a "reasonable" priced bookshelf for a month or more now. My budget is to stay under $600. I've sampled the B&W 685, Polk RTiA3 and Paradigm Studio 20's to give you an idea for comparing my review.

The Qi30 is a wonderful speaker with good depth and a warm tonal quality. I listened to piano solo, R&B, rock and classical on these speakers and they played the music easily. On the negative side they are not as revealing as some other higher priced speakers and the imaging could be improved, but this may be just to the setup in the store. Overall, this ranks at the top of my list for bookshelfs in my price range.