JBL N28 Bookshelf Speakers

3.76/5 (34 Reviews) MSRP : $399.00

Northridge Series 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker - 8" PolyPlas Bass Driver, 3/4" Titanium-Laminate Dome Tweeter - Magnetically Shielded

Submitted by Marcelo a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
Estimados,
Despachan a chile, podrian indicarme cuanto sale. este es un producto nuevo

Submitted by Explosive a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
Awesome speakers. I listened to the eagles in dts with these as front left right.
I closed my eyes and it was like the eagles were right there playing in my room.
They are kind of big for book shelf speakers. If you can get the 3 way studio moniters or
floorstanding then those are better. Also the bose 301 are nice. Other than that I cant think of a better bookshelf speaker. MAybe polk rt55 i. I dont know im not really into speakers but these are enjoyable to listen to.

Submitted by zimmazam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for several years acting as the two fron speakers in my home theter setup and thus as my primary stereo speakers fo music. I am thoroughly impressed with their performance in my Mnahattan apartment. I am now moving to the burbs and would love to see these solid speakers mount on the wall next to my 52 inch LCD. Does anyone have thoughts on a wallmount that can handle speakers that are 12 inches wide and way 22 pounds each?

Purchased At:   Don't Remember

Submitted by AHYoung a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
I was shopping for a pair of bookshelf speakers to replace my Klipsch KG2.2s, which I was never really happy with--too veiled with mutted highend. After doing much research in the under $300 per pair range, and reading the reviews here, I decided on the N28II by JBL.

From the moment I hooked these up to my Denon amp, I was smiling. Being bookshelf speakers with an 8-inch woofer, the bass rolls off at 50 Hz. Nevertheless, these were among the best speakers I have ever listened to for the price, and I have owned various speakers over the last 30 years. That is to say, they are accurate, which JBL has always pursued--musical accuracy.

I purchased this pair for only $165, which works out to just over $80 a speaker. So, in terms of value, I give the N28II five stars. I listened both CDs and records and was extremely pleased with their performance, although the lower end was somewhat limited, but that was expected.

To boost the bass, I did more research into getting a subwoofer, and bought a JBL PB10. With proper hookup and adjustment (it is easy to overdo the amount of lower frequecies the PB10 plays as well as the volume, but I will post a separate review of the PB10)the sound in my bedroom now is great.

I used these speakers for listening to music; I do not use them in a surround sound system. Whether I am listening to Paul Desmond, Julie London, or Paul Hardcastle, the performance of these speakers is excellent.

For anyone on a budget, these speakers are an excellent choice. Most listeners will be very pleased. I recommend them highly. You can purchase them through various internet audio sellers.

Purchased At:   Best Price Audio Vid

Submitted by Steven S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
Purchased these onsale at futureshop (half off). Figured I couldn't go wrong, boy was I dissapointed. Sure these speakers can get loud but the sound quality/accuracy is lacking. These speakers are awefully bright (paired with a Yamaha HTR5660).

After auditioning them for a couple of weeks I returned it to futureshop (30day return policy) and picked up a pair of Polk Rti6, and am satisfied with these.

Purchased At:   Futureshop