Jamo E530 Bookshelf Speakers

• Impedance (Ohm) 4
  • Dimensions HxWxD (mm/in) 320.00x198.00x276.00 / 12.60x7.80x10.87

Submitted by Carsten a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2017

Bottom Line:
Can't find much info about the speakers, but I read a very positive review and desided to buy a pair second hand. I was very impressed by their performance being only bookshelf size! The sound is very harmonic and pleassant. Stereo image and clearity is very high class. Im very happy with the speakers. Superb midtone and pleassant and clear mid/high tones. (Model year is just a guess)

Submitted by Piwi v1.1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have had this speaker for quite some time and I still enjoy it everyday. With lots of other speakers I experience listening fatigue. With these speakers I can listen to music for hours without getting irritated by the sound.

The speaker has a very nice design and a wood finish exterior. You certainly can say that it has a fine build quality. It is equipped with two goldplated banana plugs.

The sound:

The sound is very well balanced. For the size of the speaker the bass is very good. However, the speakers best quality is midrange sound. Before these speakers I had magnat floor standing speakers, but when I connected the Jamo's I heard voices in a way I never had before, especially Johnny Cash. Also the high range of the speakers is well, far better than the Magnat Monitor 990 I had before. I also compared these speakers to B&W v201 speakers, which I find very good speakers as well. If it came to bass, I liked the B&W speakers, but when it came to mid and high range frequency, the Jamo blew them away.

If I had to give a good description of the sound in a few words I would say the sound from this speaker is: Open, clear and well balanced.